Sign in to follow this  
sam726

1977 BMW 525

Hi Bimmersporters,

It has become time when i must sell the project that pretty much never took off.

Its a 1977 BMW 525 4 Speed Manual

No WOF or Rego since 2007

REGO IS STILL ON HOLD THOUGH

- Needs a good tidy up, there is some rust work that needs doing, probably some suspension stuff, work on some lights, handbrake re-done and a good engine service.

- Have currently got interior stripped out which will come out of the car (but all complete with nuts bolts etc)

- It does start and is driveable onto a trailer

There is quite a lot of work needed to restore her to her former self. I think this would be best for a true bimmer enthusiast or someone who wants parts. As you can probably imagine there will be work needed which i don't know about so i strongly recommend viewing as im no mechanic and just need this thing gone.

Its been sitting with us for a few years now but must go. I'm going to leave this to anyone who wants to take it for just $100 otherwise at end of the week it'll probably be sent to a wrecker.

Sam

021 926 299

post-5845-1357364290.jpg

post-5845-1357364294.jpg

post-5845-1357364299.jpg

post-5845-1357364303.jpg

post-5845-1357364306.jpg

post-5845-1357364310.jpg

post-5845-1357364315.jpg

post-5845-1357364318.jpg

Where are you?

Hi, Royal Oak, Ta

I've done 2 replies so far and cancelled them, so you buy it and I won't have to... :lol:

I think Brent may be buying it for now but stay tuned!

Whatever you do - DONT scrap it. Even if not resurected - it is valuable for E12 parts.

Yep, westy needs another project :)

If ya were closer i'd be all over it mate. This is the one ya got from Nick right?

Just a wee O/T note for those interested, E28 doors DO fit the E12s. So if this has rusty doors ya can use E28 ones OR if your E28 has buggered doors this would be worth buying for that alone (dependant on the condition of the E12s doors of coarse)

If ya were closer i'd be all over it mate. This is the one ya got from Nick right?

Just a wee O/T note for those interested, E28 doors DO fit the E12s. So if this has rusty doors ya can use E28 ones OR if your E28 has buggered doors this would be worth buying for that alone (dependant on the condition of the E12s doors of coarse)

Yep, they are interchangable, subtle differences but shells are the same, infact the whole cabin structure is the same between E12/28. South African series 3 E12 cars (81 -85) were an E12 with E28 interior.

I heard its sold. Brent?

yup

nice old car

post-279-1357463651.jpg

post-279-1357463822.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i