Sign in to follow this  
Khaos911

Connector x1019 Location

Hey, anybody know where I can find this connector (or whatever it is) x1019. It is described on the diagrams as "Connector Night-time lights", and it says it is located "under carpet on RH side of gearshift lever", but don't really know where that is. Picture from diagram:

Posted Image

Is it under the feet carpet on the passenger side or what? Because I did some research and it seems to remove the carpet you need the remove the entire dashboard and other stuff.. so that seems kind of a hassle for a connector, maybe someone knows exactly.

P.S. Forgot to mention, the question is regarding a 2003 e46 sedan.

Edited by Khaos911

dont know for sure, but probably just have to remove the centre console and you should see it? there will be a hole in the carpet already for the gear leaver to come through

thats just my interpretation though, could be wrong etc

Hello

Their are a couple of connectors in that area they connect up earth wires from memory. If your car is RHD then they will be in the drivers side between the gearbox tunnel and the carpet. As Andy said I think if you remove the centre console and a few other storage bits from that area you should be able to reach the connectors. What are you trying to do?

They are just earth blocks.

@Allan,

Regarding what I am trying to do, currently my stereo, hvac unit and other panels have no night light in the buttons, which sucks as hell in the night, as I cannot see anything. I have two pictures available so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3931/20121223202217.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8426/20121223202224.jpg

I have spoken to Jochen, a member of this forum, and he advised me to check the diagram and try to pin point the problem, by checking what lights up and what doesn't. So I basically checked the 58g terminal on the diagrams starting from the LSZ, and considering the instrument cluster works, I think the problem should be either on the x1019 connector or before that.

Now I am currently at work so I cannot check under the gear shift lever, but I will take a quick look later and post a picture of how it looks.

And Greg, what do you mean by earth blocks?

This is what Greg was referring to I believe.

post-1581-1357685074.jpg

body attachment type left one

post-1581-1357685087.jpg

they are a collection point for earth wires the fatter wire goes off to another earth block point which is connected to the body as shown in the first photo. They can also be used for connecting a number of wires together on common circuits.

Ok, I see, I think there are connectors like that placed above the fuse box in the glovebox. However the one I am looking for is not for earth cables, it distributes the power for night lights inside different buttons and such in the car.

When you said under the gear lever did you mean here?

Posted Image

Sorry I didn't have time to take too many things appart, I just did a quick look, but that's all I can see, the carpet on the sides is not so easily removable unless I remove the whole thing on top of it I think.

Edited by Khaos911

You are correct their is a plastic box above the main fuse board which they are housed in again the connectors are a joining point for cables of the same colour. Have you got a circuit diagram of what you are looking for if not try here

http://www.bmw-planet.com/diagrams/release/en/. Also you are in the general area more into the passenger/ drivers well but I'm sure the two I found in this area were earth bars only. To get to them you will have to remove the centre console completely and then you may find it tight to get at them.

Yes I have checked already the diagrams, that's how I got to this point, and I think the problem might be in that connector or somewhere before it, and the first picture I posted of the connector is from the diagrams, the same site you gave me :P .

This one:

Posted Image

Thanks for trying to help btw, if I don't find it soon or if it turns out I need to remove the whole dashboard and other stuff I may go ask for a estimate at a workshop, don't really have so much time to take the car apart, and the weather+no garage isn't helping.

If that is the case check to see if they have power to them then( the non working lights) if they do just run another wire as a temporary earth from the lights and see if they work. If they work then you know the earth is your problem and just run another earth wire.