Sign in to follow this  
xtr041947

m5 Wheels on a 530 e60

Hi Guys,

after some advice please.

I have a e60 530i msport - (the one that is factory lowered)

It currently has the 18" factory msport wheels and my tyres are 245/40/18 on front and rear.

I am looking at buying the 19" m5 wheels on trade me.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...amp;permanent=0

could you please help me work out what size tyres I need to fit on these to ensure there is no rubbing etc. I'm not in to fender rolling etc.

Cheers

Sam

Edited by same39

Brand new M5 wheels = wheels like an M5 or OEM BMW wheels?

If they're replicas you might want to make sure of the quality/weight also.

Hi Guys,

after some advice please.

I have a e60 530i msport - (the one that is factory lowered)

It currently has the 18" factory msport wheels and my tyres are 245/40/18 on front and rear.

I am looking at buying the 19" m5 wheels on trade me.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...amp;permanent=0

could you please help me work out what size tyres I need to fit on these to ensure there is no rubbing etc. I'm not in to fender rolling etc.

Cheers

Sam

On the E60 I would think 245/35/19...

Those are rep wheels and not M5 wheels. Again check for weight / qaulity issues before you run off and buy them. Will just be a down grade otherwise.

They will fit without any issues and you should run a 245/35R19 tyre.. Just make you put a reasonable tyre on. Don't skimp and put a budget chinese tyre on. You and your car will hate it. There are a lot of reasonable quality replica wheels out in the market place now, but as others have said, go and check them out first before buying them. :)

edit: depending on the wheels you may need to run a CBL ring as well

Edited by e38king

Sorry to hijack the thread but just a related question to e39/e60 in general for wheels/tyres. Is it possible to run 19" on an e39/60 and 'get' a tyre which will still get a relatively 'comfy' ride? I've been in both (non m-sport) with 17", i guess with 'normal' tyres, and coming from an 18" low profile situation (albeit e46), the feeling was sogood.gif

Just curious really, I don't know much about wheels and tyres.

Sorry to hijack the thread but just a related question to e39/e60 in general for wheels/tyres. Is it possible to run 19" on an e39/60 and 'get' a tyre which will still get a relatively 'comfy' ride? I've been in both (non m-sport) with 17", i guess with 'normal' tyres, and coming from an 18" low profile situation (albeit e46), the feeling was sogood.gif

Just curious really, I don't know much about wheels and tyres.

generally the lower profile the tyre the less forgiving ride.

Thanks guys. I'll check them out, anything to look out for to compare a bad quality rim vs good?

I currently have run flat tyres so am hoping by going down to 35 profile there shouldn't be a noticeable difference in terms of comfort. ?

you will notice it will be a little bit firmer. Youll also have to start looking out for pot holes at 35% profile as they will damage the tire wall. Also youll have to run more air pressure in the tire. Minimum of 38PSI to avoid issues with objects / minor pot holes on the road.

Going to a 35 profile 'normal' tyre from a run-flat shouldn't give you too much difference in ride comfort. Again, just make sure you spend the money on a reasonable tyre. Do you have a spare? If not you will also have to get a can of pando and a compressor so make you you factor that in as well.

From my experience run flats 205 55 16 are harsher than 235 45 17.I used to run the e34 at high 30s but the run flats are another step down in ride quality again from that .Replice wheels will be heavier than oem BMW items.I would expect e 60 wheels to be interchangeable between all models.If you run e 39 fitment wheels on a e60 you will need hubcentric rings 74mm vs 72.5 approx hub dia.Replica wheels may all be 74 odd anyway