Sign in to follow this  
Steve K-B

Help with Compact colour choice. Any one know photoshop?

Hi all,

Im building up a project car and its getting close to painting time. As its a rally car i kind of want an in your face colour so have kind of decided on Kawasaki ninja green but its still open for debte. As paints an expensive job it could be an expensive mistake! Ive heard lots of ideas including grey car with highlighter yellow rims (similar to Yongxi's E46) but cant quite see it working. Any one know how to use photoshop and willing to try and change the below picture in to a green machine? No idea how long it takes....

Or if you have any other ideas post them up, im all ears.

The car will look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kawasaki ninja green:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Other ideas,

Maybe a bit of a copy of Peters E30 M3 but still cool

Posted Image

or something like these?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Steve K-B

Have painted many rally cars and if there's one thing to remember it's "keep the colour simple". If the Kwaka green is on the current/new Ninjas i'd steer well clear for a rally car. Have you seen that colour up close? It's got so many Xralic pearls in it it's a complete bitch of a colour..

Let me know when ya getting close to getting it painted, i will do ya a killer deal in exchange for some space on the car. Alternatively i could do a 'cost of materials only' paint job for a larger bit of space.

It's been awhile since I've photoshopped...

Doesn't look the best, and the "grey" I did was done when my laptop brightness was down a bit so it's almost a dusty brown.

Maybe it will help you tell if you want someone to do a better job of this colour scheme...

Gives a rough idea I suppose.

Posted Image

Tristan, those 3 don't look too bad.

Steve, another thing to consider when picking colours / schemes is sponsors. There's no point picking a fancy paint or paintjob if you hardly see it under sponsors decals.

The 3 Tristan did are very good starting points tho'.

If you've got any other thoughts on colour schemes I can give them a go.

Thanks for the kind words, Bellicose.

This is one of the many i've done.

Stunning colour BUT when it had decals all over it and a layer of dust / dirt, it looked like shite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bellicose

Have painted many rally cars and if there's one thing to remember it's "keep the colour simple". If the Kwaka green is on the current/new Ninjas i'd steer well clear for a rally car. Have you seen that colour up close? It's got so many Xralic pearls in it it's a complete bitch of a colour..

Let me know when ya getting close to getting it painted, i will do ya a killer deal in exchange for some space on the car. Alternatively i could do a 'cost of materials only' paint job for a larger bit of space.

Thanks for the advice. It wont be getting too dirty as its only a tarmac car. And I love the KE70! I used to rally one for years but sold it to upgrade to this current project. Ill send you a PM

I'll see what fun I can have with it.

Thanks so much man, your a star! I think the green looks good

Somthing like this looks cool imo.

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?...5e0697ff51f6054

Just imagine the matching red rims

...That looks sick

Somthing like this looks cool imo.

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/index.php?...5e0697ff51f6054

Just imagine the matching red rims

That looks awesome. I love Battle ship grey and red ala R26.R and GT3-RS

Have just had 80% of my car re painted and was very tempted to go the whole hog and go Grey/Red

Posted Image

Posted Image

Happy to have helped.

Any other requests feel free to ask.

Could you please do a green bottom and blue top like in the above photo of the Merc using the top of the door molding swage as the cut off point? The green you used is looking pretty good but would be cool to see it broken up a bit.

That looks awesome. I love Battle ship grey and red ala R26.R and GT3-RS

Yeah it does look mean. Awesome infact... Too hard to choose from so many good ideas haha

Edited by Steve K-B

Posted Image

Posted Image

No offence to Renault but the scheme looks significantly better on the GT3 IMHO.

No offence to Renault but the scheme looks significantly better on the GT3 IMHO.

I quite like it on the Renault - if the mirrors and air-dam were painted red to match I reckon it'd look great. Like a 'special edition' of sorts.

Posted Image

I like it in white like your first pic :)

White is a good background for sponsors decals too .....