Sign in to follow this  
APT

E30 m3 info

rusty

Tell me more...

Been thinking of going to make a silly offer on this to make into a race car..

I saw that it looks to be a US version according to realoem, very well priced.

Few of the boys went looking at it a few times. Its riddled with rust in all the usual places. The importer was trying to sell it for a long time when everyone was cashing in on the e30 m3 thing back about 5-6 years a go. He gave up and turned it into a track car.

Could be the same car, I know these guys have had a few black E30 M3s over the years.

If the VIN & Plates tie up, then it checks out and has managed to get it to the stage of passing a WoF. Could be worth a nosey this week-end I think..

Could be the same car, I know these guys have had a few black E30 M3s over the years.

If the VIN & Plates tie up, then it checks out and has managed to get it to the stage of passing a WoF. Could be worth a nosey this week-end I think..

Grab it Jon, you know you want it. This chap (Tony Ramlose) sold one to Peter Robinson which is now the green Michelin car.

I don't need encouragement Bruce, going to look at it tomorrow evening. I guess it all comes down to how much he wants for it and what the Financial Controller and Bank Manager say about it... <_<

How's your coming along, ready for a skid yet? Is Shuey helping you put it all back together :D ?

I don't need encouragement Bruce, going to look at it tomorrow evening. I guess it all comes down to how much he wants for it and what the Financial Controller and Bank Manager say about it... <_<

How's your coming along, ready for a skid yet? Is Shuey helping you put it all back together :D ?

It lives and is running although not very well at the moment. Have a few jobs to do before certification but hope to have it all done and registered by the end of March. Haven't needed help from the boys, put the engine and box in myself in about an hour and have slowly bolted everything together around it. Lets know how you get on with Tony.

Went for a look around this car last evening, and I would certainly not call it rusty by any means. Whilst it was in the garage and not under the best light I couldn't find any evidence of rust in the usual spots (couldn't really see the firewall) on E30s or M3s.

Corners under the front screen looked good, around the rear tail-lights, all four wheel arches. Even the sun-roof had no paint bubbles on it!!

Whilst the car is by no means immaculate, it appears very solid. Tony was very good to talk to and very open about the car and it's history,etc. Only downside is that he knows what the car is worth and is pretty firm on his price (and in no rush to sell) so I wasn't in a position to low-ball him on it.

I need to have a look for some more change down the back of the sofa, or try to decide what to sell (wife's car, race car, convertible, children??) to try and fund this.

Has anyone from on here been to look at the red one in Nelson as a comparison?

Glad yours is progressing well Bruce, let me know when to come up to the Winterless North for you to take me for a spin! :D

Will be a different one then from TWR racing. The one looked at in the same livary was rusty.

As with everything you pay for what you get. I would hold out for a good one to come along. None of the ones currently on TM I would go near. I guess it comes down to budget though. Dylans car was a good example of an E30 M3, and that sold pretty quick for considerably more then what is on offer at the moment mind you.

Good luck in your search.

Will be a different one then from TWR racing. The one looked at in the same livary was rusty.

Same guy, TWR, but different car I think. Brought 10 or so into the country from Japan and kept this one as the best of the bunch. Sold one to Tony Robinson(?) which is now the green Alpina / Michelin race car as Bruce said. Brings in lots of metal, Alfas, Lancias, these M3 and some early M635s.

I agree with what you say Phil, my intention is to turn it into a race car rather than a show car, so not looking for an immaculate example. This one is almost too good to turn into a track car.

Same guy, TWR, but different car I think. Brought 10 or so into the country from Japan and kept this one as the best of the bunch. Sold one to Tony Robinson(?) which is now the green Alpina / Michelin race car as Bruce said. Brings in lots of metal, Alfas, Lancias, these M3 and some early M635s.

I agree with what you say Phil, my intention is to turn it into a race car rather than a show car, so not looking for an immaculate example. This one is almost too good to turn into a track car.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-566785900.htm

You have a PM

Cheers Josh, Pm received.

Phil75 - I saw that one pop up on TradeMe as well, shame it's all the way down in Wellytown, would be good to compare the two cars. -Oli- any chance you could have a look at it for me and give me a report??

Funny you should say that Brent, the original M3 test mules had M88 engines, then some clever German realised it was an even BETTER car with two cylinders cut-off the M88 to make the S14 plus a car that handles!

That silver one looks good! Drivers seat really lets it down.

Funny you should say that Brent, the original M3 test mules had M88 engines, then some clever German realised it was an even BETTER car with two cylinders cut-off the M88 to make the S14 plus a car that handles!

yes then some other germans , thought it would be a good idea to give it some power back

and along came the hartge H35-24

Posted Image

Power, yes, handling, no. Too much weight up front, and in-front of the steering axle.

All very well going fast in a straight line, but as we're not in the US of A going fast round corners is more of a priority. 300hp from an S14 is more than plenty for an E30, particularly one that is stripped and lightened.

Power, yes, handling, no. Too much weight up front, and in-front of the steering axle.

All very well going fast in a straight line, but as we're not in the US of A going fast round corners is more of a priority. 300hp from an S14 is more than plenty for an E30, particularly one that is stripped and lightened.

tell that to gavin bellar :rolleyes: