E30320i

Good things take time ---> E30

Its not much haha but this is my E30.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have had a plan for it for a couple of months now and its finally starting to come together

Things i have done to it since i have owned it

New Full Exhaust

New 4.10 Diff

New K&N Air Filter

New Fuel Filter

New Oil Filter

New Fuel Pump

New Front Control Arms

New Master Clutch Cylinder

IS Lip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bought a set of Lowering Springs

Posted Image

New 16x9 BBS RS reps

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am currently in the process of buying tyres for them, 205/45s all round.

So will upload pictures when this happens.

Then i will see how much lower i need to go to get it sitting nice, I am still deciding whether i will get adjusties for it yet

But may even turn to these Coilover Sleeves for 400 dollars

Posted Image

If anyone has any Questions or comments id be happy to help :)

Edited by E30BMW1989

Looks clean! Have you thought about painting the bumpers SE style, would look good with that colour.

Have the same wheels with the same tyres, Tough to fit and mines at about the same height. Theres a bit in the rear guard that needs to be rolled out or else you will chew abit of the sidewall.

Looks mint though, Will look nice on the wheels.

Looks clean! Have you thought about painting the bumpers SE style, would look good with that colour.

Thanks man, You mean just same colour as the car? i had that in mind yeah

nice and clean man

what springs you got in there?

Cheers man, I bought them 2nd hand off a guy on here actually. Lorrell lowering springs. they ride so much better than my standard ones

Have the same wheels with the same tyres, Tough to fit and mines at about the same height. Theres a bit in the rear guard that needs to be rolled out or else you will chew abit of the sidewall.

Looks mint though, Will look nice on the wheels.

Yeah I think ill have to get Spacers at the front to clear the struts, about 5mm. but yeah definitely need to guard roll

I dont know much about guard rolling, is it a big process lol?

Those wheels look great. Can't wait to see them on.

Yeah me to lol, getting tyres some time next week :)

Yeah me to lol, getting tyres some time next week :)

Hey man i just bought these this morning off trademe for my 325i. let me kbow about getting them to fit, im think adjusties but if i can get away with lowering springs then id be real happy till i can afford coilovers. guard rolling is about 30-40 each guard, and post a pic of tyres, will they be stretched? also if you need spacers id like to know what size kuz these are 20 offset

Im defs going to keep an eye on this post, so i can get tips to fitting mine

tidy car mate!

Jordan

:)

Finally got my Tyres on. . . . Here are some pictures

I am currently running 205/45/r16s on a 9inch rim with a offset on 15+

pretty happy overall, but needs a bit more low at the front. I can only achieve this with rolling the guards which i will do soon :)

It has 5mm spacers all round to clear the front struts.

Any questions or advice, go for it lol

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What suspension are you running mate?

What suspension are you running mate?

just Cobra superlows

Looks pretty good so far!

Front end tyre gap needs to match the rear, big gap up front looks weird.

Edited by Lucan

If you do paint ya bumpers body colour, do the drivers front guard too aye. First thing i noticed mate haha.

Looks pretty good so far!

Front end tyre gap needs to match the rear, big gap up front looks weird.

Yeah im still figuring how im going to tackle that, maybe get coilover sleeves in the front. or try pick up a set of coilovers 2nd hand from Nz if there are any for e30s haha.

Or a set of those JOM coilovers from Ebay but still a bit hasty about them not 100% sure if theyll be alright, they would only be for street use, so i dont see the huge problem with getting them its not like im racing

Wicked. You could get 4cyl super lows (for a 318i, they sit abit lower in a 6cyl).

Did you roll your rears or get any rubbing?

Wicked. You could get 4cyl super lows (for a 318i, they sit abit lower in a 6cyl).

Do you reckon 6cyl springs in rear and 4cyl springs in front would work?

Have not rolled the guards yet, will do that before i go anywhere. sometime this week, and drove down the street didnt have any problems.

I havent put any hub centric rings in yet, do you think i can drive on the wheels without them?

Do you reckon 6cyl springs in rear and 4cyl springs in front would work?

I've done this before. Wasn't a great deal lower but it worked until I sorted something better.

I've done this before. Wasn't a great deal lower but it worked until I sorted something better.

Sweet might pick up a set until i can afford decent coilovers

Have not rolled the guards yet, will do that before i go anywhere. sometime this week, and drove down the street didnt have any problems.

I havent put any hub centric rings in yet, do you think i can drive on the wheels without them?

I'd get hub centric rings first. So you don't get wobbles.. There is a small metal bit if you rub your hand under the guard where it goes from being rolled to just flat, that bit needs to be rolled out abit or else it nibs the side of the rim only just (mine did anyway).

yeah iv been driving around a bit :/ probably shouldnt be anyway, it guard rubs with a couple people in it. but its not real bad so i am getting a guard roller this week.

I am going to get Hub rings machined to to 56.1mm so they go on properly, Guys on trademe sent me the wrong size lol

From my experience even with a good set hub rings the wheels still don't ride as well than those with the correct bore.

If you have any worn suspensions bushes vibration can also be more noticeable a certain speed too.

From my experience even with a good set hub rings the wheels still don't ride as well than those with the correct bore.

If you have any worn suspensions bushes vibration can also be more noticeable a certain speed too.

I got the Hub - Centric rings on so now it sits properly :)

--------

I also rolled the guards and took off the 5mm spacer that i was running at the back cos it rubbed a little bit with 5 people in the car but no guard rub now with a roll at the back.

I also have a set of Cobra lowering springs and a set of Super low king springs for the front of my car that i will test at some stage so my car doesnt look like a boat at the front haha

Edited by E30BMW1989