Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolbeamergurl

HELP!!!! -need info

hey everyone!!!!

can some one please tell me wot teh diameter for the top radiator hose is on a 1989 (i think -oldskool type) 318i.... (coupe if tht matters) .... i need to buy an aftermarket temperature guage (as current one has paked a sad and will cost more to fix or replace with genuine thn an aftermarket) but currently cant get into mi car to sus out the pipe... help wud b great lol......

becs....

Problems with E30 gauges are common, but usually easy to fix and spares are cheap. I think I might even still have an old temp gauge sitting around somewhere.

"oldskool type"??? Do you mean prefacelift (pre 88) The hose is 32mm I.D. on my 88 and 89 wrecks. Hope that helps.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

..one like tht....... and its not cheap lol.... its $200 for a new one from germany... $70 for a part from aussie they THINK will fix it (may not and ill end up havnt to get nu one neways) or about $150 for aftermarket lol..... ive had everythink priced......

thnks for the measuremnt too.... ne1 else want to verify tht please dooooo?

Usually there is nothing wrong with the actual gauge. There are two rechargeable batteries in the dash cluster that over time leak acid onto the circuits and contacts in the dash. Cleaning the contacts and replacing the batteries can fix a number of instrument problems. The car in the picture is not a 89. It is a prefacelift (83 thru to late 87) so the hose size I gave could be wrong for your car. If you do need to replace the gauge I have one for like $20 not $200 :lol:

kiddies grow

bimmergurl....what graeme trying to say that your probably dont need an aftermarket gauge....the stock one often f**ks up, and is easy to fix, especially since there are many people on this site with e30 parts that can go cheap. some of us could even help you fix it for beers or whatever.

we more than happy to help people who listen

and all you others, stop chipping in. internet arguments never go anywhere. like most real life ones

we more than happy to help people who listen

and all you others, stop chipping in. internet arguments never go anywhere. like most real life ones

Right on.

Behave!!

Cheers

Grant

...id jus like to say thanks for no help!!!! i had more help off othr non beamer forums than on hea! in teh end i had mi m8 break into a beamer the same and rip the hose out so we knew !!!!

:finger:

- i was jus kiddin but i did have to stop and ask sum random on the street to pop the bonnet so i cud look!!!!

its often not a bad idea to keep an eye out for 2nd hand ones, theres a fair few people wrecking E30's out there, so I mean 2nd hand parts are quite economical. Often will cost you alot less and be well suitable for the job.

...id jus like to say thanks for no help!!!! i had more help off othr non beamer forums than on hea! in teh end i had mi m8 break into a beamer the same and rip the hose out so we knew !!!!

:finger:

- i was jus kiddin but i did have to stop and ask sum random on the street to pop the bonnet so i cud look!!!!

Your welcome.

come again.

Learn to spell.

Dumbass

i did have to stop and ask sum random on the street to pop the bonnet so i cud look!!!!

If you don't know how to open your bonnet, I'm just wondering how you intended to fit an aftermarket temp gauge?????

Both Graeme and Gus gave you good advice. From your pitiful attempts at spelling, it appears that your english is so bad you couldn't understand what they were trying to tell you..... so don't come with the comment "thanks for no help".... :thumbsdown:

and they wonder why there's a high ratio of single females in nz