Sign in to follow this  
goldstone

New member self-introduction

Hi I've just joined and have already had help on a specific topic from two members **Glenn** and Joe Clifton. Thanks!

I recently had a 2003 Z4 2.5i MSport for four months which I bought off my girlfriend at the time because she needed the cash and which I recently sold. I'm not old enough (yet) for Steptronic. I've been driving for 45 years and still have the use of my clutch leg. Anyway, driving the Z4 occasionally over the last 3 years gave me a liking and respect for it.

I've just bought a 2006 Z4M roadster. Silbergrau Metallic. 22,000km. Manufactured 02/2006, first registered Japan May 2006, imported to NZ May 2008 @ 20km by retired car dealer who looked at it more than he drove it over the following 4 1/2 years. So it's only done 22,300km!!

Has EVERY option I'm aware of. Including the hardtop I kept from the 2.5i. :-)

Few pics attached. Cheers

BMW_Z4M_2006_02.bmp

BMW_Z4M_2006_03.bmp

BMW_Z4M_2006_04.bmp

BMW_Z4M_2006_06.bmp

Really nice car. Youll be enjoying the s54 no doubt. Wood grain can be painted with really high qaulity interior paint. Gives a really nice silver finish that doesnt wear if your wanting to change the interior. Precision Autowerks does it AKL, Northshore. Talk to Paul Gibson, tell him josh sent ya and to look after to you :)

Whakamanuhiri!

Great car you have yourself there, shame they dropped the M versions of the Z4, your model was fantastic!

Nice looking car. Welcome

Really nice car. Youll be enjoying the s54 no doubt. Wood grain can be painted with really high qaulity interior paint. Gives a really nice silver finish that doesnt wear if your wanting to change the interior. Precision Autowerks does it AKL, Northshore. Talk to Paul Gibson, tell him josh sent ya and to look after to you :)

Thanks. After 3 1/2years of the brushed aluminium finish on the 2003 Z4 2.5i the woodgrain finish is a pleasant change and it matches the Sepang Brown nappa leather upholstery.

If I was buying the car new ($162,900 in NZ!!!) I would have choosen the Imola Red body colour & black upholstery with the black crackle finish on dashboard & centre console.

I always keep my cars original (with the exception of fitting triple air horns as factory horns are usually next to useless) and so won't be painting over the woodgrain.

Just got the radio reprogrammed for "Oceania" with the help of three different forum members and am now investigating the best price to get the Navigation System converted to work in NZ.

I'll need new rear tyres for my next W.o.F. Currently it has the four original fitment Yokohama Advans. Who does Pirelli P Zero or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric2 at best price? 255/40/ZR18.

Thanks. After 3 1/2years of the brushed aluminium finish on the 2003 Z4 2.5i the woodgrain finish is a pleasant change and it matches the Sepang Brown nappa leather upholstery.

If I was buying the car new ($162,900 in NZ!!!) I would have choosen the Imola Red body colour & black upholstery with the black crackle finish on dashboard & centre console.

I always keep my cars original (with the exception of fitting triple air horns as factory horns are usually next to useless) and so won't be painting over the woodgrain.

Just got the radio reprogrammed for "Oceania" with the help of three different forum members and am now investigating the best price to get the Navigation System converted to work in NZ.

I'll need new rear tyres for my next W.o.F. Currently it has the four original fitment Yokohama Advans. Who does Pirelli P Zero or Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric2 at best price? 255/40/ZR18.

are they run flats?I like the pirelli P7s on my 120d but they are only piddling 205 55 16s,thye give the nicest ride of bridgestones ,contis and pirellis.I appreciate you may not be looking for thae same qualities though.I would have a black car with red seats myself..I find the Horns on BMWs are quite adequate.Welcome

are they run flats?I like the pirelli P7s on my 120d but they are only piddling 205 55 16s,thye give the nicest ride of bridgestones ,contis and pirellis.I appreciate you may not be looking for thae same qualities though.I would have a black car with red seats myself..I find the Horns on BMWs are quite adequate.Welcome

Hi! No, not runflats. The Z4M ditched runflats & electric power steering & went back to "normal" tyres and hydraulic power steering. I do such a low annual mileage that road grip (dry and wet!) is #1, price is #2. Not interested in whether they are long (hard!) wearing or noisey. I was guided by www.tyrereviews.co.uk when I last bought a set of tyres- Goodyear Eagle Asymetric 2- considered as good as Pirelli P Zero Rosso.

What could be more subjective than colour? Although I will confess to once owning a black car, it only served to confirm every negative thought I've ever had about black cars. I do find it interesting how so many sports/sporty cars are ordered new in black, dark grey, etc colours I consider "boring old fart" colours. Give me red, yellow, BRG, white (it's the "new black" did you know?) any day. Yes I know... Silbergrau Metallic is in my "boring" category but I didn't get a colour choice, just like when I once bought black :-)

Cheers

Wood grain interior on a z4 is quite rare from what i've come across on the market, nobody in their right mind would paint over it!!!

Wood grain interior on a z4 is quite rare from what i've come across on the market, nobody in their right mind would paint over it!!!

Yes indeed! You said what I was thinking! :-)

There were 9 different choices for "interior trim strips" according to the 2008 Z4 accessory catalogue I have.

I think mine is "natural poplar" but not 100% sure.

each to their own then :)

Onx would be my choice. You guys would also be suprised which dealers order wood grain standard then paint over it for customers. The finish is so good it actually looks and wears better than factory.

Yes indeed! You said what I was thinking! :-)

There were 9 different choices for "interior trim strips" according to the 2008 Z4 accessory catalogue I have.

I think mine is "natural poplar" but not 100% sure.

funny isnt it.wood is for jaguar Mk 2s.Wood not have wood in a car,or beige leather,but thats me.

Edited by kiwi535

funny isnt it.wood is for jaguar Mk 2s.Wood not have wood in a car,or beige leather,but thats me.

You'd better tell BMW then - they offer wood as an option or standard on a multitude of their models.

You wouldn't would you, but why wouldn't other want wood?

MY INTRODUCTION IS NOW CLOSED TO WEIRD RESPONSES. THANK YOU.