Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Z4 M Coupe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-571170211.htm

I am NOT affiliated with the seller .... I swear!!

But honestly this has to be the BEST valued M car on the market at the moment I must say ...

Why are people still spending $30K+ for an E46 M3 with over 100k km on the clock when you can have this almost brand new car for $40K ono!!

Also it's like getting a mini CSL - there's so much CSL parts in this car it's almost a parts bin left over!! And best of all ... no subframe issues!!

If you don't need the rear seats, then in my opinion great bargain this car!

what a beautiful car.. seems to be in mint condition and those ks!!! holy moly... 40k OR NEAR OFFER!! jeez... must be a deal for the right buyer

I've taken this car under consideration but I love the look of the E46 so much, but no doubt this is great value!

And hasn't been ruled out :P

Edited by Tristan

Dropped the guy a text expressing my interest, apparently he already has a buyer lined up?

Anyone on here?

A lot of car for the money, it's a shame it looks like an Orca.

Always been a huge fan of the M3, and the E46 M3 is one of the better ones, but I would seriously rock that Z4 M Coupe.

Much rarer, looks different (in a good way) great colour combo and the age / kms / price combo of this one would make it a great deal if it all stacks up with no issues, etc.

When I got bored with it as a daily it would make a great race car as well :D !

When I got bored with it as a daily it would make a great race car as well :D !

Short wheel base, RWD and lots of power = 180's! I saw the Z3M race coupe spin into the grass on the straight at HD - didn't seem like it could hold a lot of oversteer!

Short wheel base, RWD and lots of power = 180's! I saw the Z3M race coupe spin into the grass on the straight at HD - didn't seem like it could hold a lot of oversteer!

The Z4M is quite a bit faster than the E46 M3 ... in fact I would go as far as to say it's closer to the CSL in terms of speed than the E46 M3 is to the CSL (this is based on personal experience by the way)

Topgear Circuit lap: (I know the times are from a roadster, but usually the coupe is a little quicker!

01:25.3 BMW M3 (E90 Saloon)

01:26.0 BMW Z4 M roadster (E85)

01:26.2 BMW M5 (E60)

01:31.8 BMW M3 E46

Nurburgring:

BMW M3 CSL (E46) 7:50 -- 360hp -- 1385kg

E90/E92 M3 - 8:05

1M - 8:12

BMW Z4 M Coupe EVO magazine 8:12

BMW M5 (E60) 8:13 -- 507hp -- 1848kg

BMW Z4 M Roadster 8:15 -- 343hp -- 1444kg

BMW M3 (E46) 8:22 -- 343hp -- 1565kg

Edited by M3_Power

Depends which set of numbers you look at. The Z4M does have a weight advantage.

Track						E46 M3	  Z4 M Coupe
	 Tsukuba					  1:07.11	 1:12.77 vw
	 Hockenheim Short			 1:16.30	 1:17.20
	 Vairano Handling Course	  1:22.60	 1:23.67
	 Oschersleben				 1:50.00	 1:54.51 w
	 Motovision handling course   0:19.79	 0:19.22
	 Serres Racing Circuit		1:35.15	 1:36.20

That's from fastestlaps.com. The Roadster times are close and show a bit of an advantage, but it's all going to come down to the driver.

That Top Gear E46 M3 time has always seemed suspiciously slow to me. Same speed as an E60 535D (which is 3.6 seconds slower at Hockenheim Short) and an RX-8 (which is 6.8 seconds slower at HS)? Yeah, right. Maybe that was a Black Stig time?

The Z4M Roadster and the 1M have the same ring time, but the 1M would be noticeably faster around most tracks than a Z4M or E46 M3.

The CSL times can't really be compared to anything else, a huge amount of the time (10-12s at the ring) is down to factory cup tyres, which BMW used to get below 8 min and beat the 996.1 GT3, which did 7:56 on road tyres.

Edited by kinetik

Doesnt matter how u look at it the z4 is a far cooler car & wins hands down regardless of the criteria used

Doesnt matter how u look at it the z4 is a far cooler car & wins hands down regardless of the criteria used

except if you need a 4 seater

Did a Clutch Delay Valve delete on a Z4 M Coupe a few days ago.Great mod. by the way. The car shared the same workshop as HELLM3,8M3 and my M Coupe. M3 `s were certainly more masculine looking but then I`m biased.I keep my M Coupe solely for it`s uniqueness,lack of stability controls and $$$ value.

E46 M3`s rule. Value for money,great looking and able to be transformed with S62`s and S85`s for what a Z4 M Coupe would cost.

Except if you're straight.