Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

E36 Alpina?

Really hard to get any useful info from the photos but is there any chance this is genuine? Having 19" wheels does seem a little out of character for an E36 but I'm certainly no expert on these things! The red leather interior is unusual, plus the badges look a little too tasteful for a wannabe.

Is there a registry on the net that you can look up these kinds of things?

Alpina??

short answer...No.

The seller doesnt even mention it...just one badge.

i dought it , just some cheap ebay badges

Yeah, thought so. Was having issues trying to read the centre caps on the wheels, they do look pretty tacky for Alpina. Judging by the sellers command of English it did seem possible he didn't know what he's selling. Still, 6k for what looks to be quite a tidy 328 manual isn't a bad deal

Yeah, thought so. Was having issues trying to read the centre caps on the wheels, they do look pretty tacky for Alpina. Judging by the sellers command of English it did seem possible he didn't know what he's selling. Still, 6k for what looks to be quite a tidy 328 manual isn't a bad deal

Doesn't even look like a Motorsport. No side sills, wrong rear bumper, narrow door rubbing strips...

South African import, and WTF is with the VIN report? No options, missing data.

Vehicle information

Type

Value

VIN ZBACD18020AU48144

Type code CD18

Type 328I (EUR)

E series E36 (4)

Series 3

Type LIM

Steering RL

Doors 4

Engine M52

Displacement 2.80

Power 150

Drive HECK

Transmission MECH

Colour ( *)

Upholstery ( *)

Prod.date 0001-01-01

Colour NICHT VORHANDEN ( *)

Upholstery nicht gemeldet ( *)

Prod. date 1996-07-11

Info is basically "not recorded" possibly because the car was built before the SA factory was fully integrated into all the computer systems.??

Really hard to get any useful info from the photos but is there any chance this is genuine? Having 19" wheels does seem a little out of character for an E36 but I'm certainly no expert on these things! The red leather interior is unusual, plus the badges look a little too tasteful for a wannabe.

Is there a registry on the net that you can look up these kinds of things?

Alpina??

Off topic maybe, but I have a Alpina front lip and Alpina wheels if you want to trick yours out. Was keeping for something but my projects are starting to get out of control so probably should sell. Pm me if you're interested. Cheers

E36

It does have the mug well and back deaf auto options though. Adjustable chocks, too! Definitely worth considering.

Edited by CSET

That interior is ghastly.... could be the top notch pictures, but the red isnt very nice to look at.

Cloth front seats with what almost looks like vinyl recovered interior. Urgh!

Still, Seems the owner has gone to the effort of either sourcing a genuine (?) steering wheel & gearknob or at least hunted down the badges.

Mug wheels is right!! :D