Sign in to follow this  
sinistah

My 325i

I havent done any checks, since I got the car home, will have a look around tomorrow. And if there is any sign of damage im definately going to be making them claim insurance.. I mean COME ON.. road testing as soon as I dropped it off, the car has no wof, and 4x bald tyres (for a wheel alignment, that wasnt done because the car was too low).. you have got to be kidding me. Especially when I asked whether he looked at the temp reading, once he noticed the car was "leaking water".. his reply was "umm no"

That looks all wrong, from memory and wtf is up with that hose joint? Does the fan actually clear those hoses? Other car is home in about half an hour (facelift), I'll have a look and compare. Hope they haven't done some damage as Bm's seem very sensitive to over heating.

It is all wrong.

The pipe with the join in is heading in the wrong direction (first photo), should come back to top of radiator as seen in photo 1. The pipe currently going from top of radiator to the block, should in fact leave the block and go straight down to the bottom of the radiator, (bottom left as viewed from the drivers seat). The middle pipe running past the distributor is in the right place, should go to bottom of radiator, (rhs from d's seat).

Topless, if you read this, apologies, I only got your message today, but couldn't have caught up anyway. Will try and swing a trip your way in the next week or two.

looks pretty nasty...sensor wiring just hanging loose....dunno how good your mechanicking is but either you or someone (a mech) should tidy up all the wires...is a lot better when they are all tidy, less chance of them getting damaged.

fill her up and find out where it leaks from....the whole cooling system isnt too complicated so should be easyish....possible just had none in the first place?

has a lotta potential!

I have the facelfit and it looks a little different to that. You really need to get yourself the correct hoses, will mean a visit to a bmw centre, but there's only one way that they can go and it's really fiddly.

I have the facelfit and it looks a little different to that. You really need to get yourself the correct hoses, will mean a visit to a bmw centre, but there's only one way that they can go and it's really fiddly.

thats not what I wanted to hear :banghead: ..Im going to tidy up all the wiring and hoses over the next few days then work out where to go from there.. first things first a new set of hosing some of them are rather soft and Id like to get rid of the hose with the hori as join in it.

The one with the join in is definitely going in the wrong direction compared with ours, good luck with it all.

Ive just started on it, removed all the hosing and the radiator and noticed there are several cables unplugged one being the auxilary fan and another being something else... going to attack all the sensors and wiring, mainly just give them a good tidy up

my next mission is to find some hoses for it, the radiator is pretty clean and it looks like the coolant came out the cap... god knows how! a few of the hoses are alittle soft but will last alittle longer, im just going to replace the lot of them for peace of mind, the water pump and thermostat seem fine also.

So if anyone can point me to a brand new hose kit or a decent condition second hand set that would be lovely! otherwise I will have a hunt around and see what I can improvise with :ph34r: