Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

Pirelli P Zero Nero

Replaced my rears with Pirelli. They were previously RE 001 and had done about 25k Kms with bugger all tread left.

235/45/17 97Y for $219 each @ tyrepower Naylor St in Hamilton.

too early for feedback but will let you guys know soon.

I did enjoy the RE001. Replaced by the 002 but pricing has also gone north.

If anyone is keen for a deal, call Simon there 07-8567185.

He has a few Pirellis P7 and Neros. Also doing Dunlops SP 3000A for $149 in my size.

:)

Decent price. Capital Tyres were doing similar pricing on them awhile ago($240ea or something) and a few other outfits, people must not of been buying them.

I wanted to try Rosso's but no one seemed to stock them but im happy i bought RE050's instead, i can see why so many manufactures fitted them as standard.

They didn't have RE050A which was an alternative. Anyway I think the price is pretty good. :)

Used to run the RE001 and 002's on the 328i and were a good tyre but had to replace the rears after about a year from the inner sidewalls failing so that sucked, and heard of afew cases of that happening so Im about to fit my new wheels with Nitto INVO's as I have read good things about them and are reasonably priced for the preformance and specs on them. theyre 225,4517s and 245,40,17s and came to 980 fitted I think. have to wait till the end of the month tho for the 245s to arrive. Gives me time to practice my wheel polishing skills :)

Edited by euroriffic

I found RE001 decent but yeah the sidewalls were had a low load rating and a bit soft for a heavy bm.

97W load rated 050A's are real firm

I have x4 Nero's in my garden with potatoes growing in them, I can recommend them as a potato garden, bumper crop.

As for being a good tyre, they are like Spaghetti from a tin, sounds good but in reality are nothing more than a old crappy product with a nice Italian name.

Used to run the RE001 and 002's on the 328i and were a good tyre but had to replace the rears after about a year from the inner sidewalls failing so that sucked, and heard of afew cases of that happening so Im about to fit my new wheels with Nitto INVO's as I have read good things about them and are reasonably priced for the preformance and specs on them. theyre 225,4517s and 245,40,17s and came to 980 fitted I think. have to wait till the end of the month tho for the 245s to arrive. Gives me time to practice my wheel polishing skills :)

will be interesting to see how you go with them. A few mates have had them and won't be going back. They have all complained of them wearing out very fast, some sub 20k. They are basically a Toyo tyre but rebranded for the American tuner market.

Yea I've read afew reviews saying they wear quick and then others saying they've had good life out of them but I'd say on our crappy roads will be abit more harsh on them so will have to wait and see. Also I have another set of wheels for the M3 so these won't be run all the time and I'm limited to 8,000km a year for insurance so should atleast get 2-3years ot of them.

Running neros on the back of the 325i, they where good over summer. Last winter and I have noticed already this month, they are crap in the wet. A bit of moisture and they feel like they want to skip. Wouldnt get them again.

If you are not getting good traction in the wet check the date code they may have been cheap because they are past their use by date as many of the parallel imported "new" tyres are or they have been baked in some mexican warehouse.

Agree with this but also check your tyre pressure. It also plays a huge part in the amount of grip/traction you get. The higher the pressure is means you are effectively shortening your footprint on the road. Even a difference of just 4psi can make a massive difference to your footprint on the road.

Also bear in mind that after a very very dry summer, just a little bit of rain wil make even the best roads slippery.

It's finally raining in Hamilton. Wet grip on very slippery roads is excellent. Definitely better than the RE001 in the wet. I can't give any feedback about steering feel as I only replaced the rears but so far traction is not an issue. Running 36psi all round. :)

I have bought Hankooks K110 in 225 45 17 and 235 45 17 sizes and so far all I can say they are awesome. Both in wet and dry! Also I've noticed they are much quieter than Goodyears I had previously.