Sign in to follow this  
swanman

Z3 interior trim

Hi,

Think I am on the point of buying a Z3. I have found a great condition car low k's, 2.2i. That's is all good but it has some interior trim colours that I am not keen on.

Seats, panel around the aircon controls, hand brake cover, lower part of steering wheel and door panel sections are white.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=577873679

My question is how hard is to get these parts in a standard black colour?

Is there a place you can get all these from a breakers yard, or seats professionally upholstered?

I don't mind spending up to about 1-2k on getting this done. Any more than this i will not buy the car and keep looking.

I have seen so many of these cars with really nasty blues and reds as well so I am hoping that there is a well known process to get this done without spending mega $$

Cheers

Hi,

Think I am on the point of buying a Z3. I have found a great condition car low k's, 2.2i. That's is all good but it has some interior trim colours that I am not keen on.

Seats, panel around the aircon controls, hand brake cover, lower part of steering wheel and door panel sections are white.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=577873679

My question is how hard is to get these parts in a standard black colour?

Is there a place you can get all these from a breakers yard, or seats professionally upholstered?

I don't mind spending up to about 1-2k on getting this done. Any more than this i will not buy the car and keep looking.

I have seen so many of these cars with really nasty blues and reds as well so I am hoping that there is a well known process to get this done without spending mega $$

Cheers

Doesn't look too bad in white IMO, though agree the dash and wheel would like better in black. It looks like that section of the wheel is plastic not leather so that will be hard to recolour - you'd need a new wheel. The dash trim could be vinyl wrapped effectively but may not match perfectly the other trim so probably best to hunt one down from a wreckers or eBay (plenty of wood and aluminium but can't see any plain black - ebay - and plenty of carbon fibre style wrap kits).

Seats and door cards can be recovered for about $2K.

With $1-2K at your disposal I'd buy a secondhand ali dash trim set, a new black leather gear lever cover and a secondhand black steering wheel (you only need the outer and could swap the airbag unit so should be pretty cheap). I think the white seats and handbrake boot would look great then. Recolouring white seats should be pretty easy if the colour doesn't do it for you and would be a lot cheaper than recovering.

Edited by jeffbebe

Doesn't look too bad in white IMO, though agree the dash and wheel would like better in black. It looks like that section of the wheel is plastic not leather so that will be hard to recolour - you'd need a new wheel. The dash trim could be vinyl wrapped effectively but may not match perfectly the other trim so probably best to hunt one down from a wreckers or eBay (plenty of wood and aluminium but can't see any plain black - ebay - and plenty of carbon fibre style wrap kits).

Seats and door cards can be recovered for about $2K.

With $1-2K at your disposal I'd buy a secondhand ali dash trim set, a new black leather gear lever cover and a secondhand black steering wheel (you only need the outer and could swap the airbag unit so should be pretty cheap). I think the white seats and handbrake boot would look great then. Recolouring white seats should be pretty easy if the colour doesn't do it for you and would be a lot cheaper than recovering.

Thanks for the response. Any recommendations for who could do the recolouring for the seats?

Thanks for the response. Any recommendations for who could do the recolouring for the seats?

Most auto trimmers will do it or have a good contact but it starts getting pricey (probably the best part of $1K to fully recolour).

These guys - http://www.docstotalpackage.net/product/K-LEATHER-REPAIR-KIT - are really helpful and do a good kit for recolour for around NZ$250 shipped. Email Lee at docstotalpackage@wildblue.net, he's really helpful. I didn't actually go ahead and do it in the end (money/time/etc got in the way) but they seemed to provide the best advice, etc from all of the places I researched. Also they use standard BMW colours so it'll look authentic too.

i have black leather with wood trim kits , and also black leather with silver trims bits .

brent@bmworld.co.nz

papakura

can do a deal on complete interior etc .

Have a 2000 Z3 M2.8 here with all M Sport trim/black leather etc.

This includes M Sport seats,OBC,clear tailights and all roadster trim.

Edited by HELLBM