Sign in to follow this  
JohnM575

E36 Short Shift/ZHP 5 Speed Gear Knob

As per the title, I was wondering if someone on here has an Z3 gear lever (and bushings) and ZHP 5 Speed gear knob. The gear change currently has a fair amount of "play", and the gear knob leather has worn through and is looking worse for wear and I am after a knob with a bit more weight to it.

I understand the play may be due to wear and tear internally, but I am keen to see if the new lever reduces that sloppy feel as many people seem to report an improvement when changing the shifter bushings.

Also I would be looking for install for the Z3 lever (or equivalent) if possible. HellBM? Anyone else stock these parts?

Edited by JohnM575

Can do short shift supply/install.

I have a Z3 Roadster selector rod, ZHP 5 speed Gear Knob and brand new bushes all around on my M3! I love the feel of the gear changes! It’s perfect, not too short, and not too long. Just perfect! No play either. But I guess this is due to new bushes as well. The entire installation is very easy, would take 3-4 hours in home setting, without taking a driveshaft off. :)

Edited by swordfish

Oh, I forgot! Z3M roadster rod has to be bent two ways to be in the upright position inside the car.