Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Worth it?

I've come across this reasonably priced X3 Diesel

I'd like to replace the 320d with it, but I know I just couldn't part with that car at the moment, but the X3 would be a good daily especially remapped! So the E46 can hang around for a bit, will probably end up driving it over the X3 like everything else.

Is there anything I should be looking for on a car with these kms? Brakes is the first question I asked about and they've apparently been done recently.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Tyres, steering geometry were discussed on here not long ago for the x5 I believe something to think on.

How many owners

Seven years old

207,500k nearly 30,000k a year

What sort of k's

Cooling system

Transmission

Service history

According to Car jam WOF expires 02/09/2013

Was first rego NZ 06/04/2006

WC91224

BMW fans has it as X3, E83, SAV 3.0d M57N2

assembled October 2005.

Is it worth it?? that is the question not my sort of vehicle just get it checked out and go from their if you are interested even if you spend 200 it's a small percentage of the total price. If you find something wrong it's a bargaining chip.

Just some FYI.

The x3 chassis is based on the e46. The drive train is different however.

The interior electronics and functions are all based on the FL e46.

Same goes for x5 and e39

BMW fans has it as X3, E83, SAV 3.0d M57N2

See my old E53's had the M57TUD30 engines, I would have thought it being 160kw and 500nm that this X3 would have the same motor? The 3.0d went good in the X5, but I imagine remapped and with a little less weight and the Motorsport suspension on that X3...

See my old E53's had the M57TUD30 engines, I would have thought it being 160kw and 500nm that this X3 would have the same motor? The 3.0d went good in the X5, but I imagine remapped and with a little less weight and the Motorsport suspension on that X3...

Yeah.. Nah - still looks like an X3 :P Keep your E46, almost the same car, but nice looking ;)

Yeah.. Nah - still looks like an X3 :P Keep your E46, almost the same car, but nice looking ;)

This. X3s are so fugly and $20k still seems kinda pricey considering the Ks IMO.

I'd be interested to know how the modern diesels last at high kms.

OT: It blows my mind the N57S churns 280KW out of a 3.0 diesel. That thing must be a hand grenade with the pin pulled. Or is this just BMW redefining the laws of physics... again.

30 odd PSI is what I read somewhere they're running through it. How often does that need to be serviced? The only ~3.0 petrol that makes more power is the new M3 donk.

This. X3s are so fugly and $20k still seems kinda pricey considering the Ks IMO.

I'd be interested to know how the modern diesels last at high kms.

OT: It blows my mind the N57S churns 280KW out of a 3.0 diesel. That thing must be a hand grenade with the pin pulled. Or is this just BMW redefining the laws of physics... again.

30 odd PSI is what I read somewhere they're running through it. How often does that need to be serviced? The only ~3.0 petrol that makes more power is the new M3 donk.

The 280kw version is the triple turbo version with 750 or so NM You can get them here in ht X5, not sure about anything else yet. Those engines sound awesome. In Deutschland, they're remappning them and returning over 900nm and 320kw

That's gotta be nearly as quick as the Audi V12 diesel!

EDIT the new m50d X5 is quicker to 100 than the Audi Q7 V12 6.0 twin turbo diesel...

Edited by The Diesel Guy