Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Importing BMW from U.K

Yeah we've been over this, and aprox 5k to get it landed here in NZ.

Does anyone have any credible sources / websites over there I could have a quick look at?

I've bought a 320i locally which arrives tomorrow/friday but I wouldn't mind having a look about for an 330d or similar. I burgled the 320i so it won't be hard to shift.... also how do we know what year to import that will be easy to get through with regards to emissions/impact laws in NZ.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

THIS X5

Going off the 5k to bring in and the 7700 to purchase, you'd land that X5 for $12700 ?

Not bad looking with that sunroof and the rear TV to keep the kids happy (and you sane).

Not bad looking with that sunroof and the rear TV to keep the kids happy (and you sane).

Doesn't add up tho! 12.7k landed in nz???

Too cheap to be real? No idea what they go for over there, but 4k quid seems overly cheap.

Looking at it, this one might be better and you would still get it for around 20k NZD.

I agree, seems too cheap....

Too cheap to be real? No idea what they go for over there, but 4k quid seems overly cheap.

Looking at it, this one might be better and you would still get it for around 20k NZD.

I agree, seems too cheap....

That seems worse ha! If you could get that here for 20 and it didn't arrive an upside down cortina...

Or is 2 cars blutacked together...

Nah, they use a special epoxy for that nowadays!

NZTA Web-site lists all the requirements for importing vehicles.

I think the emissions standards are now Euro 4 on both petrol and diesel vehicles.

Do your homework, speak to your local entry certifier and it's not too bad. Otherwise could be an expensive paperweight.

Used cars, even Bimmers are cheap in UK, especially over about 3-4 years old. Local BMW dealer will check it out for you for about 100 quid.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Looking at bringing over a 335D or 330D sedan towards the end of the year or the start of next.

Was going to make it easy and just use a NZ based agent. There was a good one posted up in one of the other threads. Looking at spending between 20 and 25KNZD.

Be careful Dan, emissions regs change again on jan 1st 2014 I think.

" Buying a car in the UK call Beth at Car shopper.co.nz" was part of a thread on here to do with UK importing and who to contact for info if it's any help.

Be careful Dan, emissions regs change again on jan 1st 2014 I think.

Ah cheers Jon. I will go over all the regs and rules when I am ready. But this may mean I will get something boarder checked before that date now. I am thinking bring two sell one.