Sign in to follow this  
APT

Tool boxes / Roller cabs

So I'm looking at buying a roller cab / tool box for personal use, so far I've looked at the teng tools & powerbuilt brands can anyone recommend any brands or shops that carry a range?

I don't want Chinese crap of trademe..

I can get you a sulco pamphlet next time the guy comes into work?

Mitre10 or bunnings had a sweet one with a built in beer fridge and a car stereo! Was about 5g tho...

Mitre10 or bunnings had a sweet one with a built in beer fridge and a car stereo! Was about 5g tho...

Yeah, I know the one. That's like the size of an old Mini, made of Stainless steel with LED lighting and fridge. Crazy price, that's without any tools.

What's your budget and what size do you need? Bunnings has a Stanley one for few hundy with a socket set included and Saeco does a Kincrome 485pcs roller box full of tools for about 3k.

Isn't one of our forum sponsor does tools? AES TradeZone, in Auckland Viaduct, surely they will have a range of tools.

Edited by SpikeyLemon

I have a Teng Tool one - they have a budget range and a premium range, don't get the budget stuff. Their premium stuff is actually better than the powerbuilt ones in my opinion, the draws roll better and hold more weight without bending ect ect - well priced also. Mine's packed with loads of tools and heavy stuff and I've never had an issue with the roller draws. Pretty good for non-professional use in my opinion.

Dad bought the more expensive Stanley one, which seems pretty good.

It has no tools however. the teng tool's ones are very very nice.

Thanks guys looks like I'm going to go for the Teng tools kit.

I might be able to hook you up with a brand new Snap-On set.

It is sitting in a mates garage all packaged up. Will find out what model and a price on Thursday if you wish. Though being snap on it won't be cheap. Most people who buy snap on purchase it due to their awesome finance deals for trades people.

e.g. A small 5 draw cab is $1000AUD.

Sounds like you sorted but it really depends on price. Ive got a cheepish ($400 at the time) jonesway roller cab and have used it nearly every day for 7 years and its still good.

driftit, Let us know what model and price he wants for it. Hed probably get a fair deal if he stuck in on trademe

I haven't bought anything yet, driftit would you be able to get a price for me?

Yeah no problem. I am out there tomorrow night for some poker games. Will sort it out.