Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

what's happened to horsepowerfreaks.com?

I haven't been able to get to their site for days...

anyone?

wow....

they were pretty big weren't they?

glad i waited until I got back to place an order

Ordered 3k usd of gear from them once...said it was in stock...it wasnt and was ex factory, but the wait for production was 8 weeks so got my money back. Cost me a bit in exchange rates and other banking BS

i previously bought a few things through them, clutch was probably the most expensive.

I found them great to deal with. No issues at all. Sad such a big player has dropped out dumping loyal customers in it at the same time by the sounds.

Oh well. Turnermotorsport had the same gear.

Go through VAC if they have the gear your after. They are great to deal with. Some of their gear is manufactured upon order but they are pretty quick still.

Made around a 5K order through them a few weeks back. All my gear is sitting at the freight forwarders ready to go. Just waiting on another company to send stuff which has been bloody slack.

Edited by driftit

I haven't been able to get to their site for days...

anyone?

They closed their doors last week. Have a freind up here with one of their twin turbo kits in an E46M3 (insane) HPF's own E46M3 twin turbo mule is for sale for US$40K. It only has just under 1000hp. :blink:

The problem is they didnt move with the times. All eggs in one basket so to speak. They were really only known for the e46 m3 turbo kits. Once the fad died the business model will crumble.

Its a shame really because I really do believe that they had the right attitude and qaulity products to boot.

Im sure they researched the e9X m3 turbo kit side of things but maybe it just wasnt possible ? who knows.

Its a big risk starting a company and growning so fast like they did .. but its an even bigger risk if you dont have a full proof backout plan when things dont work out. Just as fast as you grew, you need to be able to shrink to stay alive when things get tough.

true words

reading the message boards sounds like some low-life former employee stole $200k from them.

After loosing a lawsuit with the insurance company whom refused to pay out they folded.

Sad.

Edited by M5V8