Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Inflated trademe auction

WTF is with this Trademe

It costs less than $150 to buy one and get it shipped here, buy now = $290, hope no one on here is that stupid.

BTW, I have their chips, the mild and wild with before and after dynos.

hahaha

wouldnt be anyone on here would it??

great for people too lazy to do their own research

to be honest ive been having troubles getting a chip from ant.....he just wont email me back!

Guest Andrew

hahaha

wouldnt be anyone on here would it??

great for people too lazy to do their own research

to be honest ive been having troubles getting a chip from ant.....he just wont email me back!

after looking at how it f**ked carls dyno results I wouldn't bother.

The chips i really don't trust are the ones for an e36 that simply add a resistor into the AFM signal wire and still claim to be a chip.

Are they really as much of a scam as i think they are or do they actually work?

If you haven't seen it he claims they make the engine think it's getting more air than it is. Which i don't see working unless you improved flow after the AFM via cams or porting etc.

He also claims that his "chip" causes the engine to advance timing I just can't see it doing anything good except feeding an over-rich mix into my engine and degrading performance.

Has anyone tried these?

I have seen those and they're definately not worth it especially since the logic behind it doesn't even make sense.

What did it do to you dyno results Carl?

checkout his other auction for clear front lenses and side repeaters... $200 start bid :o!

That doesnt seem too high. From what I have seen it would cost you more than $150 to ship here from UK, so $199 isn't that much to have risk free product in NZ.

You keep those results oh so close to your chest.

Post it

Edited by m325i

That doesnt seem too high. From what I have seen it would cost you more than $150 to ship here from UK, so $199 isn't that much to have risk free product in NZ.

I got fronts and sides for mine for less than SD European would sell me ONE front indicator.

Ebay :pimp:

[edit] In less than 10 mins Ive found fronts and sides for E30's shipped to NZ for around 120 give or take on the exchange rate.

199....your having a laugh.

Edited by martyyn

well yeah I found a place a few months back before I decided to get smoked that was gonna do them for $110 incl delivery, thats not bad considering that $199 is his opening bid not his reserve.

I got fronts and sides for mine for less than SD European would sell me ONE front indicator.

Ebay :pimp:

[edit] In less than 10 mins Ive found fronts and sides for E30's shipped to NZ for around 120 give or take on the exchange rate.

199....your having a laugh.

e30 lights? Thats good finding.

I paid $145 for a zone chip delivered

Clear fronts for $60 delivered

Clear sides for $65 delivered

Ebay is your friend, trademe is full of rip off merchants so be warned.

yea, but how many people can be a55ed going through the whole ebay thing. At least the risk is moved from the buyer to the seller if M325i's goods don't come through.

That's business people, while it may seem more expensive, at least some-one who doesn't want the hassle of Ebay accounts, international buying etc etc etc can get someone else to do it.

What about parallel importers? Surely they throw their margins on top of it as well? They are also just the middleman like anyone else.

yea, but how many people can be a55ed going through the whole ebay thing.

snip

That's business people, while it may seem more expensive, at least some-one who doesn't want the hassle of Ebay accounts, international buying etc etc etc can get someone else to do it.

Hassle ?!?!

Where's the hassle in taking ten minutes to set up and Ebay and a Paypal account and saving yourself some serious money ?

I cant count how much Ive saved myself over the years.

ebay pwns all

some peeps can't handle ebay though, being international an all they get all scared

Guest Andrew

Post it

I saw the dyno plots - the chip makes it worse to sum it up. Mapped totally wrong.

yea, but how many people can be a55ed going through the whole ebay thing.

snip

Hassle ?!?!

Where's the hassle in taking ten minutes to set up and Ebay and a Paypal account and saving yourself some serious money ?

I cant count how much Ive saved myself over the years.

trust me... I know plenty of people who are too scared to use any international sites. Me personally would rather scour every nook and cranny for a reasonable deal, hence why I personally use Ebay. And you are right, its not a hassle, but we are interdweeb saavy people who are down with the play.

Post it

I saw the dyno plots - the chip makes it worse to sum it up. Mapped totally wrong.
320i version though.

There seems to be alot of positive feedback from others with 325i.

320i version though.

If you're so interested in it why don't you just buy one and try it instead of being a pussy and waiting for someone else to do it? It's so f**king cheap it's worth a shot.

320i version though.

If you're so interested in it why don't you just buy one and try it instead of being a pussy and waiting for someone else to do it? It's so f**king cheap it's worth a shot.
Thanks for your help. :thumb:

Guest Andrew

320i version though.

I wouldn't bother to be honest.

320i version though.

this convo was awesome.

320i version though.

this convo was awesome.
Haha, yeah, it's like looking into a mirror back into a mirror back into a mirror...

Guest Andrew

320i version though.

this convo was awesome.
Haha, yeah, it's like looking into a mirror back into a mirror back into a mirror...
seriously don't get the chip

:D