Sign in to follow this  
central3

New additions

I couldn't resist it when Tom put a set of his rims up and then couldn't stomach fitting my worn PS2 rear tyres. Full set of P Zero's later and some rim TLC and I am very happy with the result. Not completely sure about the Angel eyes (Umnitza) as the fit was not very good at all and they are a bit "out there". DICE unit fitted while I was at it (having trouble with photos)

Side

Wheel

Front

Edited by central3

Pretty similar in style to my RSIIs so of course I love 'em! Tom'll be glad they've gone to a good home!

+1 to lock nuts. Also with regard to the AEs where'd you get 'em? How'd you find the install?

They look tidy. B)

Very nice!

On the subject of locknuts, how much protection do they actually give you? It's not difficult for even the dumbest of thieves to get their hands on a factory locknut key surely?

Or are we talking about a custom made locknut?

meh, locknuts just give you one more thing to loose, the key. i dont park my car anywhere the wheels will get stolen...

need the BMW centers rotated so same orientation the same as the ///M badge IMO, that would just annoy me the way it is ha

need the BMW centers rotated so same orientation the same as the ///M badge IMO, that would just annoy me the way it is ha

+1. OCD 4 LIFE

meh, locknuts just give you one more thing to loose, the key. i dont park my car anywhere the wheels will get stolen...

i actually agree with this haha..

You missed one

Posted Image

Paul, if you ever decide to open up a vehicle detailing business let me know because I want in!!! Far out, I don't think I've ever seen those rims that clean ever!!!!

LOL ... my first thought when I saw the photos!!!

Hi my name is Tom and I too am like every other BMW owners on this forum with a serious case of OCD!!

Edited by M3_Power

Funny comments about the emblem - didn't notice them in the pics but I too rotate them to line up with the M whenever I take the wheels off for a clean!

Paul, I've been following your threads for some time and always enjoy them - you set THE standard. Whenever I'm under the car and see how dirty it is, I think of your pics and am inspired to do the same. Finishing the job is another thing though!

I haven't worked worked out how to reply to multiple comments:

- Thanks to all for kind words (OCD is not something to be ashamed of but the wheel centre thing is OTT)

- She's steel grey

- Lock nuts are in the plan but agree with Ethrty-Andy, don't park it where the wheels are at risk

- Tristan. The AE fit was RS, spent a fair bit of time on forums and these came up best. In relatity they don't hang on by much and they interfere with the auto levelling (you can adjust for this but not real good). Tom doesn't get the LED thing going on at the moment and (with regard to this "upgrade") I probably agree

- Tom if you ever want your CSL detailed then I am in (but I deal in rough diamonds- your car is perfect and I have nothing to add)

- Mpulsive, you would be surprised how little it takes to get the undersides right. Completely un-necessary of course but not tough

- Christian, glad now (although fretted for a while) that you declined my offer on your rims

I haven't worked worked out how to reply to multiple comments:

- Mpulsive, you would be surprised how little it takes to get the undersides right. Completely un-necessary of course but not tough

Click the 'quote' button underneath each post you want to reply to, then click the 'add reply' button.

Would be keen to know what you clean the underneath with (and how often)!

- She's steel grey

Thought so, does it ever look like it has a blueish hue to it??

The colour book samples I looked at on the weekend made it look blueish when compared to the Titanium silver I chose.

Steel Grey was my 1st choice, hoping I didn't make a wrong call, O'well.

Thanks