Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Removing e30 touring rear seats

Anyone got tips for removing e30 lower rear seats from the hinges?

Can't see any obvious bolts or ways to remove them from the hinges

Google is also hopeless

Edited by e30ftw

Nt done it in an e30 mate but in mine there is a bolt each side if you take the side bolsters out, and then the center bit is a hook that slides back with a bit of muscle, hope this helps!

Its a bugger of a job, I had them out once or twice, cant quite remember how I did it but remember I posted some info somewhere and found info on E30 Zone forum.

From memory you unbolt them from the front and the bolts are down where the wheel arch is, they fork in and are a bugger, you need to loosen them all in place and then lift them up and out from the back. Do not try and remove the carpet from the seat backs, you need to remove it all in one piece.

Sorry I cannot remember exactly how it did it when installing sounds and rear head rests.

Thought you just pulled the clip and the popped out?

Ah thats right, you remove the side bolsters first, they push up and come out... they are a bugger!

from memory the best thing you can do is take your time.

Sweet I'll have a look at removing the sides, if that has anything to do with the lower hinged seats?

Ahh Crap this is going to be fun.. I guess I'll leave it til the long weekend when I have more patience. :angry:

The lower ones lift and hinge forward Andy, not sure if you noticed that time I had the diff and crap in the back lol.

This is the best picture I can find to illustrate, the seats hinge of that bar thats running across the front, and it's covering the fuel tank covers which I need to remove to check the stupid fuel pump because I think it's died. <_<

Posted Image

Sweet I'll have a look at removing the sides, if that has anything to do with the lower hinged seats?

Ahh Crap this is going to be fun.. I guess I'll leave it til the long weekend when I have more patience. :angry:

The lower ones lift and hinge forward Andy, not sure if you noticed that time I had the diff and crap in the back lol.

This is the best picture I can find to illustrate, the seats hinge of that bar thats running across the front, and it's covering the fuel tank covers which I need to remove to check the stupid fuel pump because I think it's died. <_<

Posted Image

Oh my Volvo was like that. Totally different setup to E34 then, thought it might be similar. :)

Ok that was WAY to easy, All you need to do is remove the 13mm bolt from the back, then you can squeeze the 2 hooks towards eachother and the seats release!

Now I seem to have a problem with no power going to the fuel pump (tets light comes up very dim) so going to have to be on the hunt for cut wires I'm thinking, anyone know where the fuel pump wires run??

I've got power at the fuel pump relay, power at fuse 11 during cranking, If I jump the relay to turn on the pump there is little to no power going to the pump. Arghh WTF