Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

What's it worth?

I'm thinking about this stunning piece of kit.

Kiwi new, proper M635csi with the 286bhp motor

But what's it worth? 35k seems allot. Has anyone seen another for sale recently?

Interested in your thoughts...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/601924869

35k seems a lot of cash, but given the rarity it's probably about right. Haven't seen any up for grabs after a quick google search so pretty hard to gauge price accuracy.

Certainly seems to have been well loved. If you've got the dough, do it. We only live once, and it's not like you can take the money with you when we expire :)

Most ive seen are 15k-25k. Ive seen this around Hamilton quite a bit and it sure is one of the best ive seen but i think for 35k you'd have to really want one

I'm thinking about this stunning piece of kit.

Kiwi new, proper M635csi with the 286bhp motor

But what's it worth? 35k seems allot. Has anyone seen another for sale recently?

Interested in your thoughts...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/601924869

Hi Dylan,

I know this car very well - it is currently owned by a school friend of mine who purchased it off another friend of mine and I have known this vehicle for around 10 years. This car was one of the first M635csi's brought into NZ and its first owner was ex- merchant banker David Richwhite.

It was one of approx. 20 M635csi's that were delivered new to NZ.

When the previous owner purchased this car he gave it a semi-restoration - it got new paint and got the leather re-done.

He was an enthusiast (and so is the current owner - and I am actually surprised to see it for sale).

In terms of what it is worth- $25-$35k is what you have had to pay in recent years for a NZ M6. They hardly come up for sale (NZ new examples). The UK examples tend to be sold between the $15-$25k mark and invariably have a few structural issues to deal with.

This vehicle is being marketed at a slightly higher level. However, is in a desirable hue (and according to my knowledge, possibly the only arctic blau example in NZ) and has had some decent money spent on it.

I have driven this car (5 years ago), and at the time drove very well. It is not perfect - it has done over 200,000 ks - however it is very difficult now to get ultra-mint examples with low k's. You may decide to hold out for a better example, but realistically how often do they come up for sale? One was marketed briefly out of Queenstown in January for $32k (NZ new with 175k's on the clock). Prior to that the last NZ example came up for sale in 2008.

However, like anything, it is up to what the market thinks it is worth.

I

Sweet car - looks nice. Just needs some discrete gold JPS logos to really take you back to the 80's.

I used to work on this vehicle for David and drove it when it was new

Edited by *Glenn*

Thanks for that interesting intel on the car. It looks like it has had a pretty good life and I'm sure you all know I am a sucker for a mint classic 80s Bimmer. Is the owner a member here? I might make some time to see it is week.

Are you sure it'll fit down that drive way of yours ?

One was marketed briefly out of Queenstown in January for $32k (NZ new with 175k's on the clock).

A Grey one? I remember seeing a Delphin or something like that at a dealership in Dunedin. Not for sale obviously.

Are you sure it'll fit down that drive way of yours ?

The probox did. Just.

The faster I drive it the more it stretches. Haha it'll fit. Perhaps.

Edited by Dylan M3

A Grey one? I remember seeing a Delphin or something like that at a dealership in Dunedin. Not for sale obviously.

The example for sale in Queenstown was Agate green.

I think I know the car you are talking about in Delphin grey. My ex-boss from Hamilton had an ex-UK Delphin grey M635csi with style 5's until he sold it mid-last year. Guess where it lives now? Dunedin.

If the car you saw at a dealership had cream leather and non-staggered style 5's - it is more than likely the same car. Not many in that colour combo either.

Thanks for that interesting intel on the car. It looks like it has had a pretty good life and I'm sure you all know I am a sucker for a mint classic 80s Bimmer. Is the owner a member here? I might make some time to see it is week.

Hi Dylan,

Near certain that the owner is not a member. He is however a true enthusiast and has a lovely car collection (mainly BMW). He is relatively low-key though, and despite his motoring passions is not too involved with the BMW fraternity.

The example for sale in Queenstown was Agate green.

I think I know the car you are talking about in Delphin grey. My ex-boss from Hamilton had an ex-UK Delphin grey M635csi with style 5's until he sold it mid-last year. Guess where it lives now? Dunedin.

If the car you saw at a dealership had cream leather and non-staggered style 5's - it is more than likely the same car. Not many in that colour combo either.

That is the car I am talking about!

I was having little boy dreams over how awesome it was.

It was owned by a relative of the guy that owns Mike's Cars (which sells Japanese Imports)

I was only there because a mate was wanting to buy an RX-8. The dealer he was talking to didn't agree with me saying it was the best car on the yard :P