Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

getrag 240 g/b in facelift 320i

hey looking at the getrag 240 on tard me for sale out of a 318 facelift, what can be done to make this fit, is it hard etc, im looking at converting but my workshop is a back yard and i dont want oo much drama...aparently ill need a getrag 260?

thanks

You can't mate the 240 to the 320i, you need a 260 or 265 g/box, the bell housing won't mate the block for a start

There's always a 260 box floating about, you're much better off just getting the correct box.

Edited by ///Carl

alrighty thats cool, and the same story with the non faclift g/b as well isn't it?

cheers

facelift or not, all the 6cyl gearboxes will work on a 320.

Guest Andrew

what carl said.

4cyl g/b's for 4 cyl engines (m10 & m40)

6cyl g/b's for 6 cyl engines (m20 & m30)

m30 uses different GB

Thats pretty much all you need, freight will own you though. Make sue he's going to include the master and slave cylinders and hydraulic lines too.

I'll give you a hand putting it in if you get it... Got the use of a pit :) - Will be the 3rd 320i over it!

I'll give you a hand putting it in if you get it... Got the use of a pit :) - Will be the 3rd 320i over it!

awesome man! i really need to find one, i lost the aution on that last one, grrrrr i was at work when the aution finished. so still on the lookout. :ph34r:

There's a guy selling a whole 520i manual (1987) on Trade Me. in Palmy I think. It's under BMW parts. Only $150 at the mo'. Sorry, tried to cut and paste the link, but have issues with a Mac at home and a PC at work. Good luck.