Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

E39 530 Touring

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-606670327.htm

We have probably all seen this over the past few months while trawling TM.

Can anyone school me exactly why this can't be complied and also, if say i were to buy another e39 wagon what could my options be?

Thanks guys

Doesn't meet current emission standards as stated probably only ec 2 or 3 but believe it has to be 5 or greater so no compliance not legal on the road. At only $4800 you would make that back easy in spare parts plus keep any parts you required.

I guess if you have the time and patience, it could be worth parting out as suggested above, but I personally don't think it's worth the trouble to buy this for the purpose of getting a e39 touring on the road say by using an already registered e39 and putting all the parts from this into it (this would be, I imagine, the only way to get it on the road?)

Or find an identical car and steal the cert plate and vin codes etc haha

You could send it to the Wellington chop shops... Oh wait they just went out of business (see Stuff for details).

I guess if you have the time and patience, it could be worth parting out as suggested above,

I don't really have either haha

Thanks guys, just keep seeing it pop up in my searches and think it's a fantastic looking machine... I guess one of you boys would have scooped it up by now if it was economical :rolleyes:

I don't really have either haha

Thanks guys, just keep seeing it pop up in my searches and think it's a fantastic looking machine... I guess one of you boys would have scooped it up by now if it was economical :rolleyes:

Exactly, if it was worth it then there are plenty of people on this board and on trademe who would have snapped it up. It's been there for far too long though

You can have my touring for 4500 least its be regd in NZ before just needs to be re done when ownership paper comes through