Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Little off BMW topics

Looking at Accent Diesel for work, I do do a few k's every week up to 700. This would be a temporary thing.

Does anyone know anything about these? I'm thinking it has the same engine as our old Kia Rio diesel & that car went bloody well. I'm looking to spend about 5k on something & needs to be cheap to run & able to get up & down the Dunedin hills which is where it spends most of it's time.

With the RUC, the mileage is 96kms aprox, but the RUC on the sticker shown ran out at 50kms? Who would be responsible for this?

All depends on condition of sale I guess. Don't think it works like rego where if it's out and you do change of ownership they have to back pay it and you pay from the time it's in your name.

All depends on condition of sale I guess. Don't think it works like rego where if it's out and you do change of ownership they have to back pay it and you pay from the time it's in your name.

I'd say it would be just under a couple of grand to get it up to date, kind of dampens the purchase price!

Yea I guess Itl bump it up a fair whack but still be cheaper than the others on Trademe

Was lead to believe that the RUC charges are the registered owners responsibility and had to be paid before it could be sold. Check with LVTNZ or what ever they call themselves they should be able to clear it up for you. Just make sure you ask Turners for a list of all the fees they might charge you should you decide to purchase.

Wrong, RUC Charges are not the registered owners responsibility... If you buy a car out of RUC you have to pay in full.

Mate bought a Shitsan Laurel thinking this, and It's 70,000 out of RUC. hahaha.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/vehicle/registrati...c/overview.html

Make sure the vehicle has a current RUC licence. It is an offence for a person to sell a vehicle without a current RUC licence. If you do buy a vehicle without a current RUC licence you will become liable for any unlicensed distance if the licence isn't current. How can you check the licence is current?

If you buy a vehicle that doesn’t have a current RUC licence, you will be liable for any outstanding charges. The NZTA does not involve itself in negotiations concerning reimbursement between the previous and new owner.

Note that the sale of a vehicle on an 'as is, where is' basis doesn't absolve the seller from liability for providing a current RUC licence.

I'd be asking Turners if they are going to pay for it.

Edited by antil33t

Avoid hyundais like you avoid Toyotas, the diesel guy!

Funny cuz I'm Korean..

I'd have a Kia, Hyundai any day over a Toy Boata.

Turned out it was only a few 1000 over, the current sticker was missing, they issued a new one and then I was able to test drive. Quite impressed with it. Will I win it though :S

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Thank you for the heads up on the RUC charges Michael. Will be having a word to the person concerned that told me so. So buyer beware again and no come back either.

Edited by tim 325

Yeah my silly friend bought the car for $2000 thinking he had a steal... he was lucky to get $500 for it since it owed thousands in RUC (it was like 5k or something over all??!)

Yeah my silly friend bought the car for $2000 thinking he had a steal... he was lucky to get $500 for it since it owed thousands in RUC (it was like 5k or something over all??!)

How the hell he got away with being that far over!

How the hell he got away with being that far over!

being a Laurel, think of how many times the car would have been doing standstills and you'll see how haha.