Sign in to follow this  
AlexWill

E39 M-Sport New Look

I have been busy on a project of changing the colour of my car, this is originally how it look like

Posted Image

Then I changed the look of the original mags to this

Posted Image

A while later I changed my cars whole colour to this... What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next step will to make the roof black or Should I make it Blue aswell?

I was also thinking of adding a bit more M-Sport colours like have a red line go up the bonnet and down the boot... any design ideas you guys have of what type of lines I should put on?

and will be making the boot lip spoiler black soon

Edited by westy

Very vivid! How easily does plastidipp come off the paint - e.g. will a small scratch cause it to peel everywhere?

I really like what you did with the wheels. Did you DIY or have it taken somewhere? If taken somewhere, how much would that cost if you don't mind me asking (plastidipping the wheels like that)?

Edited by Arma

Is this plastidipped? Can't say I'm a fan of the colour of the car or the wheels but it looks like an excellent job.

I think a black roof would be good just to tone down the blue a bit. Not my cuppa but very nicely done.

whilst I'm not a fan of that particular shade of blue, each to their own, im sure you will get noticed.

Which is probably your point.

I do like pastidip what a fantastic invention.

I'd just for warn you about those tinted rear lights. If the police don't hassle you enough, if you get into an accident your insurance might not cover you as your taillights were not operating normally.

Your headlight look like they got the treatment too.

Nice colour, almost a matte Laguna Seca blue.

Agree on black roof.

Think it also needs a drop & bigger wheels.

Don't like the idea of stripes.

Judging from his signature he is a plastidip expert.

DIY wheels would cost you 2x $30 spray cans and some time not difficult. I did mine. Scratches will not make it peel off, gf curbed all 4 wheels and "ripped" some parts of the plastic but even after pressure blast they don't seem to be peeling off or anything.

I'm not really a fan of the outcome, but the workmanship looks good. Maybe blackout grills, roof and spoiler would make it look a bit better. Big no no on red racing strips or any kind of stripes for that matter.

Anyway, your car and I think it's a great eye catching marketing move.

Digging the colour! As Tristan mentioned above definitely needs bigger wheels and a drop.

How does this plastidip work? Same as vinyl wrapping?

Very vivid! How easily does plastidipp come off the paint - e.g. will a small scratch cause it to peel everywhere?

I really like what you did with the wheels. Did you DIY or have it taken somewhere? If taken somewhere, how much would that cost if you don't mind me asking (plastidipping the wheels like that)?

It comes off when you want it off, a small scratch wont cause it to peel, my rear bumper has 3 pretty big scratches in it which I managed to do straight after a paintjob was done on it, but the dip has covered it now and is barely visible unless you go really close up to it.

Yea I do like the outcome of the wheels, but the way I did it with the wheels doesnt make it too durable, didnt cost me much to do it that way, but if I did it with more than 1 coat it would cost a bit more, a design like that cant easily be done with more than 1 coat, but I have found a way to do it with more than 1 coat so will be something I will redo a little later after the roof is made black. I did this my self, the cost would vary depending what design you'd like on your wheel, One solid colour would be the cheaper option which you'd be looking at around $220 if we do it.

Edited by -Alex-

Is this plastidipped? Can't say I'm a fan of the colour of the car or the wheels but it looks like an excellent job.

I think a black roof would be good just to tone down the blue a bit. Not my cuppa but very nicely done.

Yes it has been platidipped, thanks.

thanks for your advice on the black roof

whilst I'm not a fan of that particular shade of blue, each to their own, im sure you will get noticed.

Which is probably your point.

I do like pastidip what a fantastic invention.

I'd just for warn you about those tinted rear lights. If the police don't hassle you enough, if you get into an accident your insurance might not cover you as your taillights were not operating normally.

Your headlight look like they got the treatment too.

Thanks, yea is a pretty good product who ever thought up of it.

Yeap, Ive had police drive behind me many times before and they seem to be fine with it as it still shows the reflectors in the rear lights when light is shined onto it and I think that is the main thing WOF looks for too and its been passing WOF too. Do understand the Insurance issue too, they seem to try and get out of any payouts they can. Headlights has had a tinted transparent vinyl put over them, didnt want my headlight to be too dark

Nice colour, almost a matte Laguna Seca blue.

Agree on black roof.

Think it also needs a drop & bigger wheels.

Don't like the idea of stripes.

It seems to be a matte version of the Ford blue i saw today ahaha. Was expecting a slightly darker blue when i applied the dip to my car, but still happy with the outcome :)

was thinking a red stripe to go with the MSport look but then I'd have to get a darker shade dip too, but then again I wasnt too sure if I should go with the stripe or just leave it.

A drop and bigger wheels would be a little later on, Been pretty keen on M6 mags

Judging from his signature he is a plastidip expert.

DIY wheels would cost you 2x $30 spray cans and some time not difficult. I did mine. Scratches will not make it peel off, gf curbed all 4 wheels and "ripped" some parts of the plastic but even after pressure blast they don't seem to be peeling off or anything.

I'm not really a fan of the outcome, but the workmanship looks good. Maybe blackout grills, roof and spoiler would make it look a bit better. Big no no on red racing strips or any kind of stripes for that matter.

Anyway, your car and I think it's a great eye catching marketing move.

Yes thats right.

Could try the blacked out grills but I've always thought it just makes it look like the car has 2 big kidney holes in the front but if it looks bad it can easily be taken off. So worth a try. Will post pics up once roof spoiler and grills are done.

Ahaha alright will ditch the stripes idea since it doesn't seem to be too favorable :P

Edited by -Alex-

Digging the colour! As Tristan mentioned above definitely needs bigger wheels and a drop.

How does this plastidip work? Same as vinyl wrapping?

Thanks,

It's basically just a rubber coating once it cures great for protecting against stone chips too. Much better finish than vinyl wrapping and more affordable, and can be easily removed once your sick of the colour, no sticky residue left behind.

I really like it. It's fun to look at and it will certainly memorable when you see it in the street!

But for the love of god don't put red on it. Keep it clean and simple

Well, I like the first picture. :)

Yea will be back to Original first picture in December this year, being used as a wedding car for my mates wedding, he wants my car to match his. Use to polish this car alot before it got dipped... was nice to have the mirror effect on the car, the matte look is nice for a change too.

I like the blue, would go black with the roof it does deserve some bigger wheels with a nice dish black face blue dish maybe, I've wanted to do a matte white with black face wheels with a white lip for so long now

any updates? any more photos! keep having fun!