Sign in to follow this  
ReformedAustralian

Only Aussie smart enough to have emigrated to NZ

Hi all, purchased a 2002 735i E65 this week and drove it back from Auckland to Wellington. I am a previous owner of a 528i E39 so have had an appreciation for Bavaria for some time now and this new one is the end result of me telling my company where to shove the SV6 Commodore they wanted me to drive and asking for a car allowance instead.

Everything I read prior to purchase tells me that this car is probably going to test me in terms of patience and finances, but that I will also enjoy every minute I spend driving it - and after all - isn't that the only thing that matters!?

First impressions are really good - I love the power the V8 delivers as soon as asked and the comfort the E65 offers. An absolute joy to drive.

No doubt as time goes on I'll be looking for advice from those of you who are mechanically minded or experienced across a range of issues and will also look to contribute as things happen or I gain experience.

Cheers and thanks for having me - Steve.

Posted Image

Hi Steve, Welcome to the group. I read your post on the radio but it would seem that you reside in Wellington so not easy for me to recode it for you. Not sure who in Wellington can do that.

Good luck with what looks like a great car.

Hi all, purchased a 2002 735i E65 this week and drove it back from Auckland to Wellington. I am a previous owner of a 528i E39 so have had an appreciation for Bavaria for some time now and this new one is the end result of me telling my company where to shove the SV6 Commodore they wanted me to drive and asking for a car allowance instead.

Everything I read prior to purchase tells me that this car is probably going to test me in terms of patience and finances, but that I will also enjoy every minute I spend driving it - and after all - isn't that the only thing that matters!?

First impressions are really good - I love the power the V8 delivers as soon as asked and the comfort the E65 offers. An absolute joy to drive.

No doubt as time goes on I'll be looking for advice from those of you who are mechanically minded or experienced across a range of issues and will also look to contribute as things happen or I gain experience.

Cheers and thanks for having me - Steve.

Posted Image

Welcome Steve.

I must say, that year of E65 has a nice grille compared to the current 7 Series.

Does it have an aftermarket kit?

Lovely car you got there! It's ridiculous what price these things are going for these days makes you wonder why anyone would want anything else!!

Anyways welcome to bimmersport

Welcome! Another 7er owner on here yay. I've owned an E65 & now have an E66 and I do know a bit about common electrical/cosmetic issues associated with the E65/E66 and how they're fixed. Hit me up sometime :)

Nice 7er, love the colour too and that motor must sound so good :)

Welcome, the 735i goes surprisingly well.

Enjoy.