Sign in to follow this  
AlexWill

E39 M-Spec Splash Panel Front Wheel Guard

Hey guys, the panels under my motorsport bumper look pretty badly damaged and I've been wondering how much they cost and where I could get them for both left and right side. Seems to be part of the front wheel guard

thanks in advance

A lot of these plastic undercarriage trim parts will have begun to perish on a 10+ year old car so finding seconds might be tough (try forum sponsors HellBM, BMWorld, etc). If you want new, check the part numbers on realoem.com and try Gavin at Euro Italia (forum sponsor) locally or international vendors like Schmiedmann.

A lot of these plastic undercarriage trim parts will have begun to perish on a 10+ year old car so finding seconds might be tough (try forum sponsors HellBM, BMWorld, etc). If you want new, check the part numbers on realoem.com and try Gavin at Euro Italia (forum sponsor) locally or international vendors like Schmiedmann.

Yea true, I have found a wrecker that had some, but they were not in the condition i was after. So was guessing I'd have to go for new, but thanks, will contact them and ask.

One side is like three times the price of the other side.

Lower wheel arch liners 51712694832 air brake vent, M aerodynamic package only, Genuine BMW through Pelican parts $130.25 US plus shipping just to give you some idea of the $$$. Right hand side 51712694899 same price as the left. Good hunting.

Edited by tim 325

One side is like three times the price of the other side.

what would make one side more expensive than the other? Would it be because of the sensor?

The sensor is not included these are bare as per your photo.

Lower wheel arch liners 51712694832 air brake vent, M aerodynamic package only, Genuine BMW through Pelican parts $130.25 US plus shipping just to give you some idea of the $$$. Right hand side 51712694899 same price as the left. Good hunting.

oh right US$130.25 each sounds reasonable.

Yea i have my sensor tucked in behind the bumper at the moment so it wont get damaged, If i disconnect it, it says the outside temperature is -40 degrees ahaha odd huh.

But yea would like to have that area looking nice too, but can live without it if its too expensive for what its worth.

-40 degrees is the standard BMW temprature range. The range is actually -40 to 200. This has to do with the ECU using a single byte to store the temprature values. 0 - 255 with a -40 offset. The extra numbers are used as padding for sensor fluctuation.

$130.25US is about $165.00NZ each then the shipping cost i.m.o opinion not cheap. Would check out local options and some other overseas outlets to see what price others are asking before purchasing. Someone may have a pair of good second hand ones close to home one never knows what is available until you ask.

Approx. NZ$300 inc shipping from Schiedmann but they're on holiday for 3-4 weeks so no good if you're in a rush.

post-16160-0-67695200-1380329329.jpg

I agree with Allan though, look for a decent second before you shell out that kind of coin on something you'll only see when the car's on a hoist!

what would make one side more expensive than the other? Would it be because of the sensor?

the big bit of rubber that revitted to it and the fact thats a M part

Approx. NZ$300 inc shipping from Schiedmann but they're on holiday for 3-4 weeks so no good if you're in a rush.

post-16160-0-67695200-1380329329.jpg

I agree with Allan though, look for a decent second before you shell out that kind of coin on something you'll only see when the car's on a hoist!

yea true, I'm not in a rush for it and something i can live without, but would like to have that section covered up and looking nice again. Will have a hunt around locally to see what i can find.

thanks