Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

e34 Parting out

Remember that that's an M20 powered one so the gearbox/driveshaft might not suit an M50.

Bog stock E34's really have nothing useful at all in them...

Remember that that's an M20 powered one so the gearbox/driveshaft might not suit an M50.

Bog stock E34's really have nothing useful at all in them...

-_- damn. that saves me the research I was planning to do tonight

Yeah unless you could get it for 1/2 of that... Brent may know if you could just use a different gearbox. but I'd say you'd need the Correct gearbox for the M50 + a Driveshaft to suit.

Or can you modify the selector arm like when you use a G260 in an E30 M5x?

The major issue is nobody will usually split just the driveshaft, or just the gearbox.

Edited by antil33t

i have an M20 Auto powered parts car, still starts and drives, but it too has a cooling problem. Obviously the trans no good to you but any little bits you need, evern obscure sh*t, its all there if needed. Wont be officially parting it out just yet, untill i can drive it to new house, but its there waiting for it etc. dont mind removing interior etc cops cant see.

Yeah unless you could get it for 1/2 of that... Brent may know if you could just use a different gearbox. but I'd say you'd need the Correct gearbox for the M50 + a Driveshaft to suit.

Or can you modify the selector arm like when you use a G260 in an E30 M5x?

The major issue is nobody will usually split just the driveshaft, or just the gearbox.

we used a m20 gearbox on a my mates e34 520i touring a few years back work out okish just the gearbox leaning over , gearlever leaning over to the rhs a bit .

we jacked up the rhs side of the engine a bit to make it less so , used a e36 manual crossmember with extra holes drilled and washers etc , not ideal setup but it worked and fixed a car that had a stuffed auto . better to use a e36 manual box (plenty out there ) and then modify a driveshaft to suit .