Sign in to follow this  
OP6

98 Octane

Where in Dunedin and Central Otago, eg Queenstown, Cromwell, Wanaka etc, can you buy 98 Octane fuel? Just looking to the future.

Options in Christchurch are getting less and less, service stations can double the profit from a pump by converting it to 91.

Cheers Don

Most bps sell it here in Dunedin, think the only one that doesn't is on George St. Pretty sure the bp in frankton on the way into queenstown will sell it too

service stations can double the profit from a pump by converting it to 91.

I'm calling BS

I know up here we have Gull (Also do E85 here), Mobil (actually 97.5) and BP who all sell it. I find the places by driving around and looking for the blue/purple pump handles.

Where in Dunedin and Central Otago, eg Queenstown, Cromwell, Wanaka etc, can you buy 98 Octane fuel? Just looking to the future.

Options in Christchurch are getting less and less, service stations can double the profit from a pump by converting it to 91.

Cheers Don

i never found it a problem here in chch, all the larger BP have 98

not sure if any other brands sells 98 here

The BP in Halswell stopped selling it about 6 months ago, they told me that BP Rolleston was my best bet for that side of town, and it's miles away. Think the BP on Papanui Road has stopped selling it to. The Mobil on Hagley Park doesn't even sell 95 now.

The BP in Halswell stopped selling it about 6 months ago, they told me that BP Rolleston was my best bet for that side of town, and it's miles away. Think the BP on Papanui Road has stopped selling it to. The Mobil on Hagley Park doesn't even sell 95 now.

BP papanui still have it (filled up last saturday)

BP Fendalton, still has it too, filled up there last week

Most bps sell it here in Dunedin, think the only one that doesn't is on George St. Pretty sure the bp in frankton on the way into queenstown will sell it too

BP have a list of locations where 98 is available on their website, but it is not totally reliable. When I toured the South Island I had that list with me and it said BP Frankton had 98, but they didn't. I could not find 98 in Queenstown.

BP papanui still have it (filled up last saturday)

BP Fendalton, still has it too, filled up there last week

Pleased to hear it!

Useful website too!

Try this - it is a printable list - I shouldn't have been so lazy amd should have looked up the link before. It has been updated since I used it and Queenstown and Wanaka have been taken off.

http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/b...s8April2011.pdf

South Island part of the list...

BP Connect Dallington Gloucester St Christchurch Avonside

BP Papanui Papanui Rd Christchurch Papanui

BP 2go Redcliffs Main Rd Christchurch Redcliffs

BP Connect Rolleston Cnr Main South Rd & Pennyson St Christchurch Rolleston

BP 2go Sockburn Main South Rd Christchurch Sockburn

BP 2go Halswell Halswell Rd Christchurch

BP Connect Fendalton Memorial Ave Christchurch

BP Connect Hoon Hay Hoon Hay & Sparks Rds Christchurch

BP Connect QE II Cnr Travis Rd & Bower Ave Christchurch

BP Connect Bush Inn Riccarton Rd Christchurch

BP Connect Edgeware Edgeware Rd & Cranford St Christchurch

BP Connect Bays Junction Andersons Bay Rd Dunedin

BP Connect Southern Cumberland St Dunedin

BP 2go Everedi Princes St Dunedin

BP 2go Dunedin North Cumberland St Dunedin

BP 2go Greymouth Tainui St Greymouth

BP 2go Kaikoura Beach Rd Kaikoura

BP 2go Autoworld Wansbeck St Oamaru

BP Connect Timaru Evants Street Timaru

I thought BP was the only one who sold 98 octane? Has a different smell to it.

I'm calling BS

Manager of BP Marshlands (brand new service station) in Christchurch told me that a 98 pump doesn't make money, same was said by Mobil in Madras St Christchurch (Central City). That and supply can be erratic - fully imported.

That list needs updating, some of those stations have ditched 98 and I do use one that has 98 but not on the list - BP Innes Rd Christchurch.

Manager of BP Marshlands (brand new service station) in Christchurch told me that a 98 pump doesn't make money, same was said by Mobil in Madras St Christchurch (Central City). That and supply can be erratic - fully imported.

That list needs updating, some of those stations have ditched 98 and I do use one that has 98 but not on the list - BP Innes Rd Christchurch.

My apologies. I interpreted your OP as reverse refining 91 fuel into 98 for double the profit <_<.

It is ridiculous how significantly 91 outsells all other grades here. Why buy the red stuff when same sh*t comes out of the green pump for 10c cheaper.....

I know Z doesn't sell 98 due to there being little to no demand for it.

It is ridiculous how significantly 91 outsells all other grades here. Why buy the red stuff when same sh*t comes out of the green pump for 10c cheaper.....

There are so many people drives late model Merc, Audi, even I've seen Lambo put 91 in it. I am sure those can all make full use the 95/96 even 98 fuel. Some people...