Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Is this E34 Touring lovelyness

oh hey, I collected it .... and I guess the rear hatch wiring loom gave out within two hours of changing hands. I am not joking, the rear hatch lights were working when I was testing it out with the owner; and then when we are driving back to AKL ... BAM! the rain comes and SH2's bumpiness must have caused something to wear out.... and the front screen wipers came loose. :lol: So the tail lamp warning and rear brake light warnings come on the dial when i hit the brakes for the first time and stay on.

It has chinese tires on.... wobbly as. Headlining sags, no biggie though as it doesn't intrude in.

on the bright side, the driving is awesome... the ZF is responsive, the SLS system is a year old. alloys have little to no curbing, engine sounds sweet, all electronics work, even the pop up rear window washer. :lol:

brake light warning could be the brake light switch

brake light warning could be the brake light switch

Yeah, I will be going through all the possibilities over the next few weeks and make them work. I am still super excited about the car though :D

Well done - certainly looks tidy in the TM pics........funny how there's usually always a feeling of 'excitement' or anticipation on getting something 'new', that's not really new at all - koool car there!! :)

Brent - that 'hearse' of yours, its let down a bit by those daggy hucky looking out of style old rims you've got under the poor thing I reckon. When ya get something new & stylish for it, I could probably force myself to throw a bit of cash & a coupla dozen brewski's your way in order for you not to have to put up with them anymore.... :)

Wow, great buying. So much car for the money!

There is a nice green 540i touring in One Tree Hill / Onehunga I see most days driving along Campbell Rd.

I wonder if the owner is on the forum?

Well done - certainly looks tidy in the TM pics........funny how there's usually always a feeling of 'excitement' or anticipation on getting something 'new', that's not really new at all - koool car there!! :)

Brent - that 'hearse' of yours, its let down a bit by those daggy hucky looking out of style old rims you've got under the poor thing I reckon. When ya get something new & stylish for it, I could probably force myself to throw a bit of cash & a coupla dozen brewski's your way in order for you not to have to put up with them anymore.... :)

ha ha

those old scabby ac scnitzer wheels where only on there for a short time

sold them with the red 544i i use to have .

i have the MK motorsport alloys on the wagon now

ha ha

those old scabby ac scnitzer wheels where only on there for a short time

sold them with the red 544i i use to have .

i have the MK motorsport alloys on the wagon now

you have had those wheels on a few cars now?Did you ever have them on the Hartge?

Edited by kiwi535

you have had those wheels on a few cars now?Did you ever have them on the Hartge?

no

have another set the same on my black e36 328i coupe.(which where on my 325i as well)

i had style 32 on my hartge car

So, after losing the wipers on the drive back, I have had to replace the wiper stalks and rubbers.... all round.

I am interested in getting some larger rims for the car, 15" rims are a little wallowy, even at recommended pressure (holy sh*t its high rears 3 bar and 2.5 bar at front). I used to have e39 stock rims in my old e34, but I'd rather not go the hubcentric route this time.

Edited by The Juggernaut

So, after losing the wipers on the drive back, I have had to replace the wiper stalks and rubbers.... all round.

I am interested in getting some larger rims for the car, 15" rims are a little wallowy, even at recommended pressure (holy sh*t its high rears 3 bar and 2.5 bar at front). I used to have e39 stock rims in my old e34, but I'd rather not go the hubcentric route this time.

most aftermarket rims for the e34 will require rings

Brent - that E34 in top pic in the background - its on Alpina's??? Got any more pics.....& whats the spoiler off please........???

Jug - sounds like a short list so far on it.............. :)

Phil, it's getting longer. The lighter socket is no longer working, but the fuse seems fine, it's probably a lose connection, but I will need more sockets anyway, for a FM transmitter (no retrofitting new sounds here) and a phone charger. am thinking of tapping that power source from the glove box lamp, will see how that turns out.

Will probably create a list on the Showroom thread?

Phil, it's getting longer. The lighter socket is no longer working, but the fuse seems fine, it's probably a lose connection, but I will need more sockets anyway, for a FM transmitter (no retrofitting new sounds here) and a phone charger. am thinking of tapping that power source from the glove box lamp, will see how that turns out.

Sounds good!! :) I'm much the same, my original stereo is staying intact in it & unmolested too. On my vehicles, I make the ciggy lighter outlets 'hot' all the time - that way ya can lock it up while in town but still leave phone or mp3 player charging up......... ;)

Even with stuff not working, you've gotta be glad it's not English with 'Lucas prince of darkness wiring' factory installed....... ;)

A good multi-meter, test light, & patience can be worthwhile on tracking leckky stuff....

Have a look behind that black plastic cover in the center console... there's an option for a rear seat ciggy lighter. the wires for mine were just sitting there... tapped that with a $5 lighter socket from Jaycar and I can charge my phone using that one instead of opening the annoying drawer.

Brent - that E34 in top pic in the background - its on Alpina's??? Got any more pics.....& whats the spoiler off please........???

Jug - sounds like a short list so far on it.............. :)

some details of the car from way back in 2008

alpina B10 replica i had

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....5&hl=alpina

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Thanks Michael, I'll use that idea. and put a three pin unit.

also my hatch wiring is utterly destroyed... when I got the car someone had had a go at fixing it already. I had another go but it didn't last long as I used some wire from Jaycar, when I really needed something better. I've got a selection of used E30 harness which I'm going to use.

Unless you want to spend like 150usd per side on brand new stuff...

Edited by antil33t

^ how are you able to detect breaks, using just a multimeter?

By doing continuity tests on the wires, each end. Open circuit / no continuity = broken wire........