Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

"H" Plate

H Plate

150k or 200k + the car.

Says market value over 1million? Seems like its not selling for 150k in the market (not saying it never will)

LOL at the latest question too.

How do they determine the market value? Just checking what plates.co.nz would say?

its a personal opinion of market value..

but single letter plates are generally regarded in the 6 figure range,

anything that is a significant noun or word and is 2-4 letters is in the 4-5 figure range.. eg. GOD, BMW, AUDI etc

anything other than that which is spelt correctly (without using numbers for letters etc) is considered anywhere between 500- thousands range..

and anything that is spelt with 1s instead of I's and 4s instead of As are worth not a whole lot...

same goes for anything *personal* like "NO1DAD" or "4 LISA"..

but all of this^^^^ is my opinion, which is generated from observation of what plates are listed and sell for on trademe.. haha

but at the end of the day, its only worth something if you find the right buyer.

friend bought something like GT8888 or something and got a note on his car asking to buy the plate and he sold it for 20k.......

Its funny how it says 1million + market value yet at 150k nobody is buying it.

Interesting. One of the M3 owners whose car I was considering had a list of 100+ plates that HE OWNED and was selling. It was clearly a list of his inventory, and had the selling prices, and also whether or not they had sold.

He had a couple of 1 letter ones, one of which had sold for 6 figures (apparently).

He also had the plate 1V (on the E46 M3, now on an E92 M3 )and that was listed at $90K..

friend bought something like GT8888 or something and got a note on his car asking to buy the plate and he sold it for 20k.......

This is interesting. I'd assume it was bought by Chinese; for those who don't know the 8 signifies money/wealth, so you can see why they'd want that.

Maybe they didn't consider the four eights. 4 being "death"...

Death to money?

Hah.

a more poetic translation would either be, "dead/deathly rich" meaning very rich, or "numbnuts/idiot/moron/why-are-you-so-dumb" meaning what i just wrote out haha

IMO plates...

This one isn't worth a knob of goat sh*t. Plates are always going to worth what someone is going to pay & in this case well.....

This is interesting. I'd assume it was bought by Chinese; for those who don't know the 8 signifies money/wealth, so you can see why they'd want that.

I'm of Chinese ethnicity and when I see 888 or similar on a car I would check if the driver is Asian. HAHA

A Chinese lady drives an older shape ML with the plate " H8 " . H is the eight letter of the alphabet. ;)

They are trying to sell that plate for 40k. Seems silly when the car they are driving is around 20k.

I'm of Chinese ethnicity and when I see 888 or similar on a car I would check if the driver is Asian. HAHA

A Chinese lady drives an older shape ML with the plate " H8 " . H is the eight letter of the alphabet. ;)

They are trying to sell that plate for 40k. Seems silly when the car they are driving is around 20k.

Yep you can be fairly sure a driver with the 8 personalised plates will be Asian!

8 only means something to Chinese. Not asian. I'm Korean and 8 doesn't mean anything. But in Korean and Chinese 4 means death.

8 only means something to Chinese. Not asian. I'm Korean and 8 doesn't mean anything. But in Korean and Chinese 4 means death.

Woops, yep should've said Chinese. Sorry ;)

Edited by Tristan