Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

WTB: E30 (Facelift) Bootlid in Calypsot?

Need a calypso bootlid now, i want to delete the bootlid mounted highstop

preferably as new

preferably with 325i badge

preferably with spoiler holes

preferably with the larger toolkit liner thing

if i cant get what i want, i need to get a few bits painted anyways so maybe a scratched one, or even a different colour is fine, so long as its got 325i badge and spoiler holes

Thank team

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Won't you fail the WoF if you take off the high-stop lamp? I had a big argument with the compliance guy over adding one to mine...

And pretty sure facelift and pre-fl have the same boot if that makes it any easier..

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Won't you fail the WoF if you take off the high-stop lamp? I had a big argument with the compliance guy over adding one to mine...

And pretty sure facelift and pre-fl have the same boot if that makes it any easier..

yes, but that said, my hiace also doesnt have a high stop from new, etc etc. I certainly am aware of that. im planning to come up with a more descrete one in behind the rear seats or something, can look at that when i get a garage.

will be keeping the bootlid thats on there anyway so i can put it back on later down the track anyway, so not too bothered, only four bolts to swap (then a few hours spent trying to get it to line up again)

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

There is a date that all cars after which have to have high stop lights. Not sure what it is but my 85 E30 never had one, nor does my 87 Range Rover. Even some early 90s cars don't I believe.

Edit: 1 January 1990 it is.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virm...nted-stop-lamps

Edited by huff3r

There is a date that all cars after which have to have high stop lights. Not sure what it is but my 85 E30 never had one, nor does my 87 Range Rover. Even some early 90s cars don't I believe.

Edit: 1 January 1990 it is.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virm...nted-stop-lamps

yes thats right. but my Hiace is NZ new, and 1994, and its never had one. same as my econovan i used to have that was a 1998. maybe commercials are different.

in anycase i know its suppossed to have one. thats not what the thread is about.

Cheers

Ooooops, sorry about the thread-jack Andy - back On-topic.

I have a boot-lid here, paint is pretty rough (peeling clear coat) but it is straight and pretty solid.

No 325i badge on it (but would need to come off for painting anyways) but does have spoiler holes...

Post would be a killer, maybe come have a look-see when you are up this way next?

yes thats right. but my Hiace is NZ new, and 1994, and its never had one. same as my econovan i used to have that was a 1998. maybe commercials are different.

They are.

went to pickapart today only got one and its got rust so it stayed there.

so still looking for a calypsot one. might head into JK Southern Euro if noone got one for me already painted.