Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

e30 engine conversion.

Coding plug is easy to change, on face lift models is at front of guage cluster behind trim panel.

So had a decent offer from a local guy for an e34 sump/dipstick. m50 intake and associated parts and some e30 rearend parts.

looked good but yesterday had the flatmate leave the bath on which overflowed and flooded half my house.

Currently have half a house with no carpet or underlay, and due to fly out to ausse in under a week.

hopefully everthing is still availble when i get back and get my money back in the green.

also i have decided i love the look of style 32s on an e30 coupe

Posted Image

just the small issue of a 5 stud conversion.

also i have decided i love the look of style 32s on an e30 coupe

Posted Image

just the small issue of a 5 stud conversion.

That looks good, might be a cheaper alternative to genuine Alpinas?? That's an M3 they had 5x120 from factory

That looks good, might be a cheaper alternative to genuine Alpinas?? That's an M3 they had 5x120 from factory

i have seen pics side by side and i actually prefer the 32s to the alpinas, as long as you have brakes big enough to fill the void.

I see with the 5 stud conversion you have to use m3 front arms, im presuming they sit out a little further than standard e36 arms ?

Have you already got an e30 and m52?

if by e30 and m52 you mean dreams and good intentions then yes.

if you mean actual items then no.

Im off to aussie next week for a work trip then back over for two weeks for bathurst.

trying not to buy to much until im back haha.

i am keeping an eye on the e30 coupe that QUBE is selling, look quite tidy but being an auto 318i isnt stupidly expensive.

I have however bought the most important item needed to complete an engine conversion........

Posted Image

just another quick thought that struck me.

headers.

if you buy aftermarket e36 headers they wont clear the steering due to the steering being at the rear.

modifying that end of the manifolds can be a major pain.

the way i see it the m52 leans more towards the exhaust side. so if you got some nice m20 e30 headers that clear the subframes and even mount onto the factory exhaust etc you could just shorten the top end somewhat and put an e36 flange on.

the engines have the same cylinder spacing so that strikes me as the easiest way to get proper long tube headers on without getting something custom made.

if you got some sent out unassembled it would make it much easier im sure.

just my thought of the day.