Sign in to follow this  
Phil-540i

Heres my toy - blue E34 540i :-)

nice wheels sir! (are you keeping your old ones? )

Lols - I've seen you've been looking for a set of standard rims. I dunno - thoughts were just to keep them, so it can go back to 'original' if I sell it to get a M5 in the future.....feel free to PM me on it though ae..reality is they're probably just more $hit sitting around to trip over while taking up space :rolleyes:

Yay - finally got all the wheels done, & all are mounted on car now, as of 20mins ago. Even been for a run down the road in it - nice!! In the end, after trying various 'cleaners' etc, only thing that got rid of baked on brake dust was 'cut & polish' compound. By hand.........

After sending hours & hours at it - I'm picking its a once only event.........

Given my car normally gets dirty just going out the driveway, here's actual proof that it has been cleaned for tomorrow. Yes, real soap suds , a proper brush & all!! (Normally my definition of 'washing a vehicle' revolves around aiming a petrol powered waterblaster at my 4WD, sometimes daily). An excuse to have a play with camera too......but not great!!

28vd4t1.jpg

1zv3b0j.jpg

24zlo46.jpg

Wanted to have my exhaust 'done' by now, but just hasn't happened yet............ :(

Edited by Blue-540i

My bad - was brush on wheels - brand new you beaut (virginal) sponge on the blue & chrome bits........

I'm now 'unfired' ae.......... :D

My bad - was brush on wheels - brand new you beaut (virginal) sponge on the blue & chrome bits........

I'm now 'unfired' ae.......... :D

Excellent! I was very upset for a bit there :lol:

You're on probationary trial for 3 months now.

Just been for a drive today, around 450ish kms - made a bit of a hole in the $140 of fuel that went into the little beast last night. :) Ok, this is technically an old car, but gee they are quick point to point when ya want them to be........I'm well impressed with it!! They're comfy, they handle fairly well, they're a 'nice sized' vehicle, in terms of chuckability & the size of its footprint on the ground, & they seriously boogie & haul a$$ when ya want it to.............

Those big line-ups of 'sheep' dawdling along at 75-80 kph on the open road :rolleyes: - 'S' on the trans button means "See ya later, we're gonski"..........when coupled with a bit of right foot........ :):wub:

Good to see you're enjoying it.. properly :D. Always loved e34s

My car doesn't get out to see any of its other family members very often, what with not being a daily driver, & living in the country. (It did enjoy the Tui day lots!! :) ) Imagine what a little blue bundle of happiness it was in the weekend, when the sister-in-law turned up to stay with 'The Slug' - (hey, her name for it, not mine, but who am I to argue....)

Even convinced the German bowl licker to pose as well. :rolleyes: :) Bizmarck (Bizzy) is not a big German car fan, as when it comes outa the shed, means he ain't going for a ride on ute.......car likes him lots though primarily because he doesn't do nasty things to its wheels!! Might be my first BMW, but he's my 4th Shepherd - gotta be the world's most awesome breed of dog IMO........... :wub: :)

106yqnl.jpg

2ynruxx.jpg

Thanks guys - yea, they are awesome, I've always loved them since I was a kid - police dogs still fascinate me. :) He's just turned 5 a while back, & he's far bigger than any other one I've had - just over 40kg!! All pure intelligence & loyalty, coupled with dashes of slow motion, dyslexia, deaf-ness, & short attention span. :rolleyes::) Very koool though. Besides me & his food bowl, heres some pics of Bizzy with his fav things. (We call his rugby balls 'Wilson', as much like on Castaway, he'll cart them around all day)

akesd0.jpg

iciya1.jpg

24vlcwh.jpg

Awesome! Any hip or joint issues? From what I gather that can be the main issue with these magnificent beasts.

Funny - I've heard that all my life too, & touch wood - never had a problem with hips / joints on either males or females. All 100% purebred, first was from Tapanui - next from Oamaru, Auckland & Bizzy from Palmerston North breeder. I think breeding & the environment / upbringing has the most impact on what sort of GS / dog you've got after first 2 yrs is up, & theres certainly some GS breeders & sellers on TM that I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole. I've no doubt, that with a compatible female, Bizzy would have great off-spring.....which is something I'll look into 1 day.

Finally, today the cat-delete, rear muffler delete has happened.................sounds lots more serious now than what it did, bigtime. Probably a little bit excessive, but hey, she'll be right...........

So the story - we live rural, & one of the neighbour's kids has got a SS Holden Dunnydore thingy, with lots of exhaust tweaking done.....

Sounds sweeeeet getting the jandle outa here..........but I reckon the 540 is a good match now too - its sorta gone from being a sheep in wolf's clothing, to a wolf in wolfs clothing - sounds pure muscle car now......

Be interesting to see if it gets next wof in current state........... :rolleyes::lol:

Beautiful Gsd! I am looking to get a male pup next September. So hard to find males up here in akl...can u recommend a good breeder in the north island?

Took some new pics the other day after windows were tinted........................

258mov6.jpg

2zefmhj.jpg

28495.jpg

264p1k6.jpg

16k2rmd.jpg

;):)

That's probably bout it at the mo. Theres a few things undecided ahead of me at the mo, so if some-one came along & wanted to buy it, I'd probably let it go to a new home. Hmm, dunno. :rolleyes:

looking good, you have the same ride height and shelley bmw sticker as mine, perhaps we should start a group buy of lowtec lowering springs, 45/20 maybe, currently Euro 333,00. plus shipping.

http://www.lowtec.de/en/sport.php

They're a pain (visually) in how they sit ae, in terms of ride height vs guard clearance in the front. Funny thing is even though it looks a bit weird, sills run parallel to the ground, which means at some level its 'right'.......

Yea, I could be into that, so PM me before ya order - I seem to have Vogtland springs in mind for some reason...........dunno.

Edit. 20/01/14.

I've only just 'clicked' tonight as to what I really like about this car, in a nutshell it's 'quality'. It got washed today, & then hit with some canuba?? liquid polish that's been in the shed for probably at least 10 years - its called 'Flash' I think, from USA.......probably originally brought for a Ducati.

Whilst the 540 has marks / stone-chips / the odd 'supermarket' dent around it from before I got it, the paint has just come up like glass - for the age of the vehicle its just amazing. There's zero wear on its leather upholstery. All the bright stuff, in terms of chrome etc is still mint. It handles / drives well. Everything that opens & closes still has a new feel to it. And everything electrical 'still actually works'.........

That to me says it was a quality product when new, as its stood the harshest test of it, the test of time. Whilst BMW's are expensive new, maybe the true reason for that only becomes apparent as they gather some age........ ;)

Maybe the above is part of the reasons theres so many mint looking E30's still getting around too........

Edited by Blue-540i