Sign in to follow this  
WarNox

Installing head deck

anyone have a DIY on this? with the wiering scheme?

I could find the wires out myself but this would make it easier! i couldnt find the diy anywhere!

thnx

The wiring diagram is actually in your instruction manual .. thats how i did mine ...

Use a test light to suss out positive, acc and ground, then use either a multimeter or a battery accross speaker terminals to determine which wire is which speaker (batt accross terminals will make the speaker extend one way or other - get a mate to help and watch which speaker moves. or us a multimeter and a long bit of wire to see which wire goes to which speaker terminal.)

then all you need to find is the electric aerial remote wire - if there's only one left it's it, otherwise make sure there is no power coming from any wires left over with ignition on and touch them in turn to the aerial output on the head deck - the voltage is low enough not to kill anything at the other end, and you've already checked none of them are live and will fry your headdy.

cool thnx!

yeah i know how to find out what's what but it would be faster if it already said somewhere! i dont have the radio manual but have the car one, is it in there?

what is a loom, and how much are they?

i went to Paul Money Stereos today and found two head decks that I liked, for my price budget of 200-300! one was a Pioneer mp3 for $248 and one was an alpine $325! i really could not see the difference, the guy just said alpine had better sound! both same features (mp3, 4x50W...) what do u guys think?

anyone know where i could get a good deal?

thnx

the loom I got from car stereo company was the connector that

went from bmw connector to generic connector, and the one that went from generic conector to eclipse connector, so it was just a case of plugging all the connections together and putting in the head unit, took maybe half an hour

$25 each for the connectors from memory.

this uses all the factory wiring, so if you want to rewire it you're going to have to do it the hard way, although it takes the guessing out of the lighting and power side of it so you could always do the speakers seperately.

I've done alot of installs and this was far and away the easiest

my mum could have figured it out, it was that simple

i went to Paul Money Stereos today and found two head decks that I liked, for my price budget of 200-300! one was a Pioneer mp3 for $248 and one was an alpine $325! i really could not see the difference, the guy just said alpine had better sound! both same features (mp3, 4x50W...) what do u guys think?

anyone know where i could get a good deal?

Alpine, no questions about it.

I got mine from Paul Money as well, they are probably the best deals in Auckland for NZ warranty stuff.

From the car manual

post-8-1126906754.jpg

Edited by DirtySix

One from the Bentley WS manual.

Hint,connect cable 16(white)to remote aerial cable on new HU.

post-8-1126907091.jpg