Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Worst pain of my life , kidney stones.

Wednesday night was like somebody flicked the worst pain imaginable switch on. Think of somebody squeezing one of your testicles as hard as they can then times that by 10 that is what the pain was like and its all around your groin and up into your side.

Managed to get myself up to the hospital and they took one look at me and knew what it was straight away. Gave me some morphine over the space of a couple of hours which while it took the edge off did not take the pain away so they gave me some Ketamine , Holy sh*t you have to have 2 nurses with you after it has been given and you have to be hooked up and monitored for an hour so you don't have a heart attack. One very trippy drug that is.

One dose of that was enough for me and I said no more just give me the morphine.

Long story short admitted to the urology ward and given pain relief until it passed which was 18 hours later.

It has been documented as the worst pain ever even worse than childbirth.

WORST PAIN EVER. (Even worse than stubbing your toe) Don't ever get this.

Edited by M-Spec

Special K + morphine + 2 nurses. Sounds like a party!

Bet your average unlicensed pharmacist doesn't provide that kind of service

Special K + morphine + 2 nurses. Sounds like a party!

Bet your average unlicensed pharmacist doesn't provide that kind of service

:D

Lol .. Ketamine effects people differently. Some people have side effects while others dont. The wife had elbow ulna nerve surgery last yeah and she had it... apart from being very sleepy she was fine. When it wore off thats when the pain started... poor thing.

Our guitarist had stones .. said it was good times as well ... so fell for you man.

Yeah the nurse called it special K , I had never heard of it apart from on tv where it was mentioned as a horse tranquilizer. Made me fall in love with everybody , wanted to give the nurses a hug and tell the doctor what a fantastic job he was doing.

I learnt from Karl Pilkinton that it is often caused by not drinking enough water.

I google image searched kidney stones once - I drink a lot of water now...

I learnt from Karl Pilkinton that it is often caused by not drinking enough water.

why is his head shaped like a f#$kn orange haha

I've been there... twice :o

Not drinking enouugh water contributes... but they do take a while to build up, so it's not usuually on the day they arrive.

I bet today you're drinking so much, you pee every 20 minutes :lol: