Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

So how bout that election?

f**k I was hoping the Greens would fall below 5%. What a bastard they didn't.

Still 218,000 votes to go, 10%, might see Greens drop from 5.07% to under 5%, fingers crossed!!

I voted Labour (with both of my ticks), glad it looks as though they'll still be in power for the next 3 years.

Cheers

Grant

labour all up in your grill!

badass, both my votes (although i voted nats for my elec seat and he got in) and labout for my party.

go uncle helen!

brash = pwned

I backed a winner,both party and electorate.It may only be 1%,but I am happy with that. Hope that the Social Democrats get back into power in Germany and that would make it a nice `double`.

Good to see Winston & Jeanette get kicked in their respective keisters.

Just like last time, we won't know the govt for a while.

What do you mean?

Winston is still on on the list vote, and so is Jeanette (who never actually campaigned in her home electorate, but concentrated instead on the party vote)...at this stage anyway.

I'n not a fan of the Green Party, but feel they have a legitimate say and should be represented in a minor way. I am glad Winston is still in, he is after all, underneath it all a good politician, and does do a good job of keeping the other politicians honest.

Cheers

Grant

Rodney survived! And he gets to bring a friend! Hoorah!

And with some luck, national may slip ahead of national by a mere vote, and that way form the new govt... :ph34r:

haha labour.. Give me a break i been at work all day!

But yeah, looks to be an extended nailbiter till literally all the votes are in, and double checked..

Rodney survived! And he gets to bring a friend! Hoorah!

And with some luck, national may slip ahead of national by a mere vote, and that way form the new govt... :ph34r:

Well Winnie and Peter Dunne said they wouldn't support a coalition with the Greens in so there is hope.

If anyone has read the Greens website, they might have seen under their transport policies that they would 'ban importing of cars over 7 years old'... to help protect the environment.

Does anyone know about this? Is it another one of their plans of f**king us car enthuiasts over?

I think they are a good decade before their time.

IMO we're screwed, there's no way they can form a 3 party government so it'll have to be a 4 party government - that will NEVER work

I reckon it'll be a revote

heres hoping that the special vote rocks nats into power, both of my ticks went to them, hope ur right glenn, keen for the greens to go!

Good to see Winston & Jeanette get kicked in their respective keisters.

Just like last time, we won't know the govt for a while.

What do you mean?

Winston is still on on the list vote, and so is Jeanette (who never actually campaigned in her home electorate, but concentrated instead on the party vote)...at this stage anyway.

I'n not a fan of the Green Party, but feel they have a legitimate say and should be represented in a minor way. I am glad Winston is still in, he is after all, underneath it all a good politician, and does do a good job of keeping the other politicians honest.

Cheers

Grant

What I mean is that neither one won an their electorate. If they had not made the 5% threshold neither party would be in parliament.

Jeanette wasn't even 2nd placed in Coromandel, and Winston lost by a nose in Tauranga despite the opponent being an alleged sexual deviant. That puts them both in an awkward position.

In terms of the Greens, yes there are elements to the party that have a place in a modern Society, but regretfully a large part of the greens are rather extremist (eg- support bio-terrorism, stone-age economic policies etc.) that will be very bad for NZ if they are in a cabinent position. They have stated they want 2 cabinet postings in order to form part of the government.

Even as a National supporter, I would rather have a Labour majority government than a weakened Labour having to pander to the Greens for supply votes.

I'm feeling, yet again, that we were suckered into MMP without realising what it all meant.

If there was a vote for FPP again, I suspect it'd come out largely in favour of the old system. As someone above said - 4 parties in coalition - ain't gonna work well.

With coalitions such as this, it becomes impossible for party policies to dominate, leading to a mish-mash and watered down almost 'non-party' in government.

There is a plus side to a weak coallition government, there's no way radical policies or reforms will go through, so the tax cuts and student loan incentives wont go ahead so thankfully our country wont get burdened with debt. Suplus and debt free is far better than tax cuts and in debt.

There is a plus side to a weak coallition government, there's no way radical policies or reforms will go through, so the tax cuts and student loan incentives wont go ahead so thankfully our country wont get burdened with debt. Suplus and debt free is far better than tax cuts and in debt.

werd

Even as a National supporter, I would rather have a Labour majority government than a weakened Labour having to pander to the Greens for supply votes.

Well, as a National supporter too, I tend to agree with this even though I don't like the thought of that arrogant woman? leading us for another 3 years.

To quote another member...

Fertilise the soil, bury a Greenie

:thumb:

I don't like the thought of that arrogant woman? leading us for another 3 years.

how is this any different to having an arrogant man?.. don brash was looking to be prime minister just for bragging rights, hes not about the people, he's about Don.

f**k off with the sexist sh*t too.

male or female makes no difference. both can be assholes (both have them).

Guest Spargo

If you've ever had the mispleasure of either meeting or having dealings with Margaret Wlson, you'll know how true that "arrognat women" comment is. She is a nasty nasty piece of work. If she ever rises higher than speaker of the house (and guaranteed she has aspirations of doing so), we're f**ked. She holds no ones interests at heart but her own, and is possibly a relentless cyborg. She moves up, I move out. Simple.

If you've ever had the mispleasure of either meeting or having dealings with Margaret Wlson, you'll know how true that "arrognat women" comment is. She is a nasty nasty piece of work. If she ever rises higher than speaker of the house (and guaranteed she has aspirations of doing so), we're f**ked. She holds no ones interests at heart but her own, and is possibly a relentless cyborg. She moves up, I move out. Simple.

I have met her (on a few occassions), when she was lecturing at the University of Waikato in the early - mid 1990's.

I actually quite liked her, and found her to be very confident, very intelligent, and very astute, and also someone who called a spade a spade. It seems some people mistake these attributes with arrogance, especially when women are concerned.

Cheers

Grant

IME people who like what a person says thinks of them as forthright, people who do not like the same message think of them as arrogant.

Therefore each and every one of us could be forthright or arrogant depending on whom we are being considerd by.

Simply put - its all perspective.