The Bagged Beauty

Nice car.

Personally I'd only change a few minor cosmetics;

Change tail lights.

Debadge.

Smaller wheel spacers.

Clear indicator lenses.

The engine bay looks awesome.

Tail lights are changed, have full black aftermarket ones as the wiring harness was going to be too hard to swap back to factory, they look alot better though

replaced M badge with a 328i badge

wheel spacers are smallest I can use (20mm) because of size of airbags

And I personally prefer the clear indicators.

Bonnet has been replaced, Have a bare metal bonnet at the moment, getting one painted up in Imolarot.

Have completed my Interior with black leather door cards and black leather parcel tray, just after shadow line roof now.

I am getting airbag gauges relocated up front and have a new switch box which is way smaller than the original about the size of a mobile phone.

Turbo has been bought,

Got a Garrett GT40 and have a custom manifold being made up next month with a t4 flange, Getting a tial 44mm waste gate and hks ssqv b.o.v Got new tips for the rear and getting a custom made 2.5" exhaust with a screamer pipe running next to it.

Have a new pplate for it and I think that's all I've done so far. I am having to add 5 mm extra on rear so it doesn't lay on the rim it will lay in between tyre stretch and rim lip.

Edited by JCBMW

Still not feeling the taillights sorry. Car looks rad though. 328 badge heaps better than the m one.

Still not feeling the taillights sorry. Car looks rad though. 328 badge heaps better than the m one.

cheers bro, wiring harness just way too f**ked to even try get originals on at the moment! will hopefully get around to it in future! I'm pretty happy with black in the time being, alot better than altezza ones. Focusing on turbo more than cosmetics for now. :)

Whos making your manifold ?

• Like 1

Whos making your manifold ?

some shop down in Tauranga, A mate is sorting I for me as he got his done by that guy. getting the flange welded for t3/t4 as my turbo was bigger than it was originally going to be. Getting price on a 3.2 stroker on top of my 2.8 :P

Pic attached is my turbo (right) next to a turbo from an rb20det. this is going to be fun

post-7153-0-95568200-1400579568.jpg

Wheres Black tail lights now? want to sell them?.. Sure is a "Bagged Beauty" I remember seeing this when it was getting Bagged at Fadi's. it was dark blue and pretty rough aye? Come a very long way from when i last saw it.

Wheres Black tail lights now? want to sell them?.. Sure is a "Bagged Beauty" I remember seeing this when it was getting Bagged at Fadi's. it was dark blue and pretty rough aye? Come a very long way from when i last saw it.

Hey mate, I have the full blacklights on car, sold the altezza style to my mate with a turbo wagon. Yup sure has come along way! originally was a $200 318i auto which the previous owner (before my mate) had cooked by not putting in any oil. Then it got sprayed from dolphin gray to A rover metallic blue, Then to what it is now. It still has a long way to go as I am getting a price on a 3.2 stroker so I can run more boost next year. Cheers :)

post-7153-0-46386400-1400618905.jpg

post-7153-0-20548900-1400618921.jpg

Mean! Good to know the history of this E30, It's always been my favourite shape BMW has ever made : ) . . . Your mates turbo wagon? That not the Air Bagged 2JZ Turbed one is it???

Mean! Good to know the history of this E30, It's always been my favourite shape BMW has ever made : ) . . . Your mates turbo wagon? That not the Air Bagged 2JZ Turbed one is it???

what the hell ! is there a bagged 2JZ wagon in nz? sick!! Nah its a 325i touring, running 9psi but he's stroking to a 3.2 as of next week and has incouraged me to do the same :L

Sure is, A friend of a friends one. LOL . Thought that might have been your mates one. 325i with a turbo on it? Stroking it? INSANE!!! Do you guys do all the work yourself? Is it pretty straight forward for bolting a turbo on to a BMW engine? Would it be the same to bolt a turbo onto a Benz aswell? lol

Sure is, A friend of a friends one. LOL . Thought that might have been your mates one. 325i with a turbo on it? Stroking it? INSANE!!! Do you guys do all the work yourself? Is it pretty straight forward for bolting a turbo on to a BMW engine? Would it be the same to bolt a turbo onto a Benz aswell? lol

Yeah, so he's running a 2.5 m20 turbo. Il be running a 2.8 m20. 3.2 strokers will allow alot more boost!

He did all himself and he's helping me do mine. It's all pretty basic if you have a fair idea of what's involved. Only thing I won't be doing is exhaust & screamer, will take it to a shop for that then get my cert updated after.

Not sure how it would go on a Benz but it shouldn't be too hard I you have the room in the engine bay. Just Google up some threads and see how other people did it

Not sure how a 3.2 will take more boost than a 2.5 or 2.8. Please elaborate

I always thought the bigger the engine the less boost pressure is needed? Guessed wrong. Ive always wanted to do a turbo conversion on my Benz but its only ever been just a thought. What ECU are you running? Theres plenty room in my Benz lol. Cant find anything on the wide web about bolting a turbo onto my engine. BUT, I know it has been done, And out of all places its been done here in New Zealand! LOL... I got ahold of the owner of it, but he doesnt know ANYTHING about it. He just swapped his Evo for it. And he doesnt know how to contact the owner that built it. lol. How do you know what turbo to use for your own build?

well in theory the 3.2 will handle alot more stress more than the 2.8 ? if I was to run 16 psi on my 2.8 it will cause a lot more strain on it rather than if I were to run 16 psi on a 3.2? Something like that, I am new to this so sorry if I am incorrect?

I have just a standard ecu but when I stroke I again I will be changing to a link. I just found a turbo I liked and bought it, manifold getting made to suit, It is bigger than my mates one so might have a bit more lag until I re stroke.

Edited by JCBMW

if you mean an M20 3.2L, its not gunna handle any boost at all, will be too high compression and/or weak block??? not that i really know much about that topic, keen to learn tho. Have never heard of a 3.2L M20

surely you mean M30???

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

if you mean an M20 3.2L, its not gunna handle any boost at all, will be too high compression and/or weak block??? not that i really know much about that topic, keen to learn tho. Have never heard of a 3.2L M20

surely you mean M30???

Hey Andy, I had never heard of an m20 being stroked to a 3.2 until the other week. My mate followed it up and yup its true, only costs a few hundred more than the 2.5-2.8 stroke. Compression will be coming down to suit turbo. I am not a genius in this area at all so I'm not trying to argue with anyone but this is just what we've been informed By people doing the stroke.

Anywho , il cut the chit chat here. Awesome work man. Will follow this build thread with my eyes peeled wide open : ) .. Good on ya i say!

• Like 1