Sign in to follow this  
amdaman

Where can you wash your own car - Wellington?

Hi guys,

Might seem like a bit of an odd question but where could I wash my car in Wellington? In the UK there were pressure washers that you could rent for xx mins and you bring your own cleaning products.. Does that exist out here? I live in a city apartment so I can't do it here and it's something I generally enjoy doing.

Also is there a resident forum detailer?

Cheers

If you give me a call on 021 449 242 you could bring your car and gear to Ngauranaga to clean it. There is a hose but you need your own cleaning stuff

Do you guys not have a washworld or similar down there?

I am sure I walked past a place ( mechanics or a detailer ) near Cambridge Terrace that opens up in the weekend for people to come and wash their cars.

Anyone know what I am thinking off?

Edited by vtgts300kw

Maybe there is something out in the Hutt or Porirua, but I haven't seen anything in Wellington City. There used to be a place opposite the Lanes on Wakefield Street, but thats gone now...

A good gap in the market for someone, especially with all of the new apartments being built!

FIAT - thats a very kind offer thanks but wouldn't be fair invading your driveway!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, think there's a car grooming place that indeed does open for public use at the weekend Kurt! Could be the one :) It's only Saturday mornings though which is a shame!

Apparently there's a place on seaveiw road lower hutt that I might check out tomorrow.

Definitely a good gap in the market!!

Geoff has a storage place, im sure thats where he means

Im in Seaview every day, and there is no wash place that I am aware of.

But my work is in Seaview too, you could do it there.

Ahh ok a storage place would be pretty sweet as I could spend a few hours with it!

Apparently it's called suds vehicle wash on seaview road?

Would that be at the weekend? Cheers

The car and wheels are looking a treat after a bit of elbow grease and a variety of cleaners including kero and engine degreaser and a plastic scraper. The car was a great buy.

FIAT - thats a very kind offer thanks but wouldn't be fair invading your driveway!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, think there's a car grooming place that indeed does open for public use at the weekend Kurt! Could be the one :) It's only Saturday mornings though which is a shame!

Apparently there's a place on seaveiw road lower hutt that I might check out tomorrow.

Definitely a good gap in the market!!

the seaview place seems to wash trucks mainly,if its the place i thinking of

Yeah came out a treat Geoff, cheers for the help!! Your E92 could do with some love now.. Ha!

I heard the truck place on Seaview road closed down? Will have to check it out!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah came out a treat Geoff, cheers for the help!! Your E92 could do with some love now.. Ha!

I heard the truck place on Seaview road closed down? Will have to check it out!

it has been some time since i worked in Seaview

There's a boatyard with a number of sheds on the Kilbirnie end of Evans Bay Pde that had a washing facility, but we're going back a few years now. This was always unmanned after dark. I'll try and find it on Google Maps.

Edit: Here it is, although there are now buildings all around that never used to be there... may need verification from a local. EvansBayPde_zps67428434.jpg

Edited by CSET

Great business opportunity for someone .. open up a wash world in wellywood

• Like 1

There's a boatyard with a number of sheds on the Kilbirnie end of Evans Bay Pde that had a washing facility, but we're going back a few years now. This was always unmanned after dark. I'll try and find it on Google Maps.

Edit: Here it is, although there are now buildings all around that never used to be there... may need verification from a local. EvansBayPde_zps67428434.jpg

That is the NIWA research facility and there used to be a small car / boat wash thing there for staff. Last time I checked it was a few years ago now.

not sure if it's still there or accessable.

Not sure if it's worth the risk of just rocking up with a bucket and sponge.. Haha.

There is definitely reasonable scope in the market to open a diy place I think in Wellington. Sure loads of people are in the same boat as me where they enjoy washing their car but wouldn't take it to a car wash.

Business venture anyone??

• Like 1

Business venture anyone??

I'm not sure if Marc Ellis or Matthew Ridge read Bimmersport.

• Like 1