Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Fading Paint

Hey guys,

I've just picked my an E46 330ci which has some cloudyness and sun fade on the roof, bonnet and boot. The clear appears to still be intact and hasn't peeled. Is there anything I can do to bring this back to life? Or will it have to be resprayed?

TIA.

I used a claybar, no2 polish and waxed the sh*t out of my e36. It looked great for a week. now its back to its mix of peach and Hellrot =/

Respray it. haha

Be careful with claybar on newer bimmers as they often have gelcoats. Decent cut and polish should do it. I have used a meguiars product called "scratchx" they sell it at supercheap, really helps clean up that dull cloudyness.

Alternatively, when i last polished my e46 i used turtle wax "color cure plus." Its a red polish (to match paint - comes in many colours) really makes the colours pop like new again.

Once you're done make sure you put some sort of wax or sealant on it too or else you'll find it will go dull again after a week or so. Plenty of guides online.

However if it starts to peel, you're stuck with a respray....

Once you're done make sure you put some sort of wax or sealant on it too or else you'll find it will go dull again after a week or so. Plenty of guides online.

yes, i figured that out the hard way once upon a time, car was back to dull within the month. cut and polish is fine, but you need to wax or put some kind of protector over the top once done

Cool cheers guys. Might start on the boot and see how it works first before trying the rest