Sign in to follow this  
Carl

A1GP

Anyone following this?

Personally I found this mornings race far more interesting than the F1GP even if the racers were relatively unknowns, I thought it even better that our Matt Haliday managed to get 4th in the feature race after starting from last in the pits.

Shame the cars don't sound as good as the F1 cars but the racing is more competitive and more interesting IMO

On the site it says first race on 12th october.

Was this a pre season one or something?

And why are we on of the only teams with a sponsor? Black is mean though.

the theory behind this gp rocks, i love the fact its driver on driver, country on country.

its awesome.

the racing is also very exciting to watch.

Edited by *sic

The theory is all good. It takes away the cloak and dagger secretiveness since there's no manfufactures striving for technical dominance. It's also cool that teams can switch drivers between races and events and that teams are again racing for prize money with a US 1 million prize pool for each feature race.

The tracks are another thing, since they're not the well known ones there's that additional element of surprise in the racing aswell as drawing in the crowds, Brands Hatch was packed if you saw the tele. The next race is the German eurospeedway, i'll assume that's one of the DTM tracks.

Yeah, this looks to be an exciting new racing series. I love seeing little new zealand do so well! Congrats to halliday and the NZ team !

I have been following the development of the series for some time, and was very much looking forward to the start of the series last night.

I wasn't disappointed, the fact that the cars are all the same (apart from the individual settings), and that they have no driver aids, made for some exciting racing.

As a huge fan of Formula One, I think that this series has the potential to be better. It may not have the technology, but as a spectacle it is far better.

It also shows the quality of our top racing drivers. Expecially the was that Matt Halliday taught Alex Yoong a lesson in how to drive a high performance open wheeler.

Lets hope that the remainder of the series is as good as it was last night.

Cheers

Grant

Guest Spargo

The turbo boost.

The what?

The turbo boost. Allow me to demonstrate.

Seriously NZ, is there anything we aren't kickass at?

Seriously NZ, is there anything we aren't kickass at?

hmm... nope :D

awesome

black is the fear.