Sign in to follow this  
Cress

Help required for mags and electics

hey guys

i would like to get a some advice on what i should do about my new mags.

i brought some 17''tsws in a private sale, and they dont fit.

they dont go flush with the hub, due to the dust cap in the center is larger that hole in the center of the mag.

i have three options;

-wheel spacers about 5mm, will clear nicely

-mod the dust cap to fit

-machine out the mag

all will give the desired result

any advice on what is the best option, and i know spacers are illegal.

but they are only illegal if you get caught.

my second problem is my lights once or twice have turned off on me whilst driving at nite. which isnt pretty.

ive check the connections at the lights and they are fine. i dont want to go hucking into the wires, as im not a auto electrician. has anyone got any possible causes to my problem? who is a decent sparky around whenuapi that would be able to fix it, if i cannot do it myself?

cheers

Cress

barrys point road has a good auto electrician, cant remember the name but andrew should remember

i personally would machine the mag.....spacers would probably push the wheel out too far, and place more load on the whole assembly, probably causing more often replacement at the very least.

Definitely machine the mags to locate on the hub. If you rely on the wheel studs only to hold the rim in place the chances of the wheel not being central are good. Also, all the forces are then borne by the studs as well and they could shear off, especially if you don't use longer studs.

(This is assumong you are going for those cheap spacers that are just plates with holes machined out to suit the various pcd, the good spacers with the locating lip machined into them to support the rim are rather expensive, would probably be much cheaper to machine the rims in this case anyway...)

When the lights go out, does everything go out including dash lights, parks etc? If this is the case, the main supply to the light switch is suspect. If just the headlights go out, I would have a good look at the switch itself.

my second problem is my lights once or twice have turned off on me whilst driving at nite. which isnt pretty.

ive check the connections at the lights and they are fine. i dont want to go hucking into the wires, as im not a auto electrician. has anyone got any possible causes to my problem? who is a decent sparky around whenuapi that would be able to fix it, if i cannot do it myself?

Could be that the LKM is faulty. Take a look here for DIY repair, or try talking to Brent, as he may have a spare floating around.

Definitely machine the centre-bore to fit.

Are they off a Holden?? Same PCD smaller Centre-bore. Have you checked the offset too?? Newer holdens are ~et47, where as your E32 should be ~et15-20. Might pay to check that too before you get carried away.

why? holdens too common for your exquisite taste?

Yeah I'm with gus - go cheap holden parts!

It sux SOOO bad that Holden anything can fit a BMW...

Dare I say it... I'd rather have Honda parts fit my BM than Holden... go the blue oval (and anything else) over holden anytime!!! heehee...

would 32+ offset 16x7 fit an E30 ?

All my info says +24 offset for e30 so +32 might require spacers. try before you buy.

LOL - I have to shamefully admit that I once owned a Holden.... it was an experience I shall not repeat. Mind you, I've had about a dozen Fords as well - oh the shame... :P

my VB commie pwned faces.

now its all about the honda pwning the corners.

machine that shite dude, not the smartest to piss round with the things keeping you rolling along the road..

the lights thing will most likely be a pimched wire somewhere...

done any installs around the palce lately?

It sux SOOO bad that Holden anything can fit a BMW...

Yeah the Holden fuel pump in our old E30 was so not cool. Edited by BMW POWER

Ha,Holden dont make fuel pumps :P

Machine the mags dude.Easy.

Edited by DirtySix

Yeah the Holden fuel pump in our old E30 was so not cool.

Holden have some good high pressure fuel pumps man! alot of people use them.

But the are made bosch!

Edited by downlow

get them machined. Im not sure of the name, but at work we send them to a place (bear with me) down behind the european car yard first on the right down Barry's Pt. Rd

get them machined. Im not sure of the name, but at work we send them to a place (bear with me) down behind the european car yard first on the right down Barry's Pt. Rd

Brugar engineering