Sign in to follow this  
Tidy30

Not exactly a BMW, but I know this would be appreciated here! **up

Hi guys,

Posting on behalf of a good friend of mine selling an immaculate 1983 Porsche 944 for a very fair price. Thought I would post it here (sorry!) as I know all of us would appreciate honest classics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Sincere apologies from the both of us! My friend is selling on behalf of his in-laws, who have moved overseas. He was been looking after their car for a while now and with himself moving overseas he was given the greenlight to sell the 944.

The 5 digit odometer has had both of us fooled. My friend went and got a carjam report done to provide more info to interested buyers, and it seems apparently the car is 260,000km, not 160,000km. Absolutely hilarious how something like this could have been missed, but as he says: "went from wondering how the dash got so cracked to being amazed how well everything else has been looked after". We are both very sorry and have never had any intention of misleading anyone. The car itself is still in amazing condition and the fact it fooled a few people into thinking it was 100,000km younger should speak volumes to it's owners.

The price has been adjusted to $5995 ono which is a very reasonable price. Still priced to sell, so feel free to look at the purchased carjam report!

https://www.carjam.co.nz/report/?ref=078A6C35

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NZ New

Manual

260,000km

Completely rust free.

Fastidiously maintained mechanically, only a few cosmetic issues (pedantic small paint scratches etc)

Cambelt replaced at 138k. Regularly serviced at MotorScience, Auckland.

In the past 6 months, have replaced:
- Radiator
- Wiper motor
- Battery and connecting electrics
- Installed a battery isolation switch
- DME relay

Owners selling as moving overseas. Great car always kept in garage, otherwise covered on the odd occasion.

$6750 $5995ONO

(Just had a full valet, cut and polishing treatment 8-Nov so is looking incredible!)

Enjoy the photos below, please tell anyone you'd know who would be interested.

Edit: Trademe listing can be found here!

sYAsJA5h.jpg

C82AEUIh.jpg

e5iwqwQh.jpg

FQi2PQah.jpg

Edited by tidyverty

allways had a soft spot for these :)

mainly the turbo ones but this one looks great.

Needs 4 more cylinders! (OK - I love the 928. It's a problem I'm trying to deal with.)

Back on topic though, 944s are a massively under-rated car.

yep have often thought about picking one up. Not many in manual strangely (for a sports car). Really think the designers could have put a little more effort into the rear end around the bumper