Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

Good tyre brand for e30 14 inch basket weaves?

Hi guys,

Just got some 14 inch weaves and was looking to put brand new tyres on them.

Looking at 195/60/14 or 195/65/14 as I was reading that these are the standard sizes (correct me if im wrong).

But basically wondering what's a good brand and model of tyre for daily driving (no track) and where can i get good pricing?

Tried Mag and turbo and they seem expensive... Also asked them about 205/60/14 but those are quite a bit more expensive so possibly out of the budget but depends on the prices per tyre i guess.

Thanks for the help.

Wasn't anything decent for 14" these days last time i looked

Really? So it's not really a good idea to have the 14 weaves?

Anyone know if Toyo Teo + are good tyres? Mag and turbo quoted me $130 for 195/60 and $169 for a 205/60, are these decent?

Given the following options for 195/60/14. Not sure which ones are good and if these are actually a good price.

Corsa $109

Nexen CP661 $109

Nankang XR611 $125

Kingstar $129

Toyo TEO+ $130

Nexen CP641 $148

I use teo+ on my e36's and e39 no issue, however wouldnt put them on a powerful car, my old 328 manual had no traction in wet on them, but 318 and 320 are fine

Back in the day, I had some 195/60 Nankang EX601's on my 323GTX, I was genuinely surprised at how well they performed, we even put them on our EVO I (in 15" of course).

I presume they are a long discontinued tyre though....

Have you looked at Pirelli or Michelin? I would think they do good tyre's in that size.

Or look at a 185, more options there.

Whatever tyre you settle on, Herb Morgan in Onehunga always beats other quotes I've been given if they can get the tyre.

The Yokohama a509 were one of the better tyres I tried on my e30. They are a 1990s design but grip and wear was good.

Get quotes from Mag and Tyre Direct. They're a forum sponsor, and I got my CP641's from them.

Dry grips o.k if you drive "normally" and slightly spiritedly; they're totally fine. But in the wet, you might get the few odd moments when the rear end gets a bit happy (lifting off the throttle).

Edited by dubman

Im looking at some GT Radial tyres. I heard they are quite good for NZ roads. I will probably end up going with them when I get a new set. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these tyres?

I put GT Radials on my e34 535i through Mag and Turbo in ChCh about 8 years ago as part of a Wheel and Tyre deal.They were great, the Mag and Turbo guys were pushing them quite hard back then.

Tried mag and tyre, they didnt have any in the sizes i want... I might just go with mag and turbo as it seems they ate the only ones with those sizes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

Have Firestone 195/65/14 TZ700's on my car

Are those decent? they look quite good on the firestone site. Quiet? Good grip?