Sign in to follow this  
topless

euro plates

will $3 + 40 cents postage maybe I dunno. Can fit them in the post box, or at least have fun trying..

Edited by E30stz

You don't need the plate holders, but if you don't want any holes in your new fancy euro-plate, then buy a plate holder as you clip the number plate in but screw the holder into the car.

Would have been good to have known that last year before I bought my europlate.. now it has holes in both plates :(

Hey Ryan, my plates are 520mm x 110mm. Could you see if your holders are the right size? Could save me a wasted trip to my nearest Supacheap which happens to be in Auckland...

Does the clip-in variety make them easier to steal?

Jazz, I worry about you sometimes... you certainly have a devious mind. Remind me never to piss you off!!! :bowdown:

as long as you install them correctly then there quite hard to get out of the frames but in saying that .. the frames are just plastic so you could rip the frame off easily.

Hey Ryan, my plates are 520mm x 110mm. Could you see if your holders are the right size? Could save me a wasted trip to my nearest Supacheap which happens to be in Auckland...

I'll measure the frame next time I work

Jazz, I worry about you sometimes... you certainly have a devious mind. Remind me never to piss you off!!! :bowdown:

I think he meant people stealing them from him

Not him steal from them

Yup, dem giant economy sized ones....

On the subject, I still havn't managed to see that one you spoke about at the Mobil here...???? No sign every time I been there... (note my disappointment!) :(

You don't need the plate holders, but if you don't want any holes in your new fancy euro-plate, then buy a plate holder as you clip the number plate in but screw the holder into the car.

Would have been good to have known that last year before I bought my europlate.. now it has holes in both plates :(

Double sided tape is your friend.

Had my original UK plates done with the foam type stuff and it took Shelleys nearly an hour to get them off after my car arrived here !

Just got back with my new UK plates so will try and get them on some time over the weekend. Full price was 70 NZD :-)

Being English and having a Dutch wife meant there was no chance I was going to have a German plate on my car :P

Edited by martyyn

Being English and having a Dutch wife meant there was no chance I was going to have a German plate on my car :P

Meaning that she wears the pants??

and you drive a German car??? please.....

Meaning that she wears the pants??

How do you work that one out ?

and you drive a German car??? please.....

Driving a German car is one thing, but choosing to add a German plate when I can have a GB one is another.

Edited by martyyn

whatever, just stirring.

No I think it was simply that having a german car isn't a good enough reason to get german plates, while being British or Dutch are much better reasons to get British or Dutch plates. So German plates were a distant third in the running.

and it took Shelleys nearly an hour to get them off after my car arrived here !

...and your point is...