Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

325 exhaust into 320i e30

Has anyone tried if it fits? Does it go in straight with no issues?

Basically from the exhaust manifold to the back. Im looking at buying a manifold now as i made the mistake of thinking i can fit the 325 exhaust to my manifold.

So the other question is, should i just find a cheap header or not worth the money and just get a 325 manifold?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

a 325i exhaust should bolt up to 320i headers, I'm 90% sure i did that to my very first E30 when it was an M20 320i. i definitely didn't swap to a b25 exhaust manifold.

There are two types of manifold. The two bolt and the three bolt. Most 320i had one, most 325i had the other. Can't remember which was which, but my 325i exhaust on my 320i wouldn't have bolted up to my race car without changing the manifold.

I just realised the exhaust i have is a 4 bolt one.... does the 4 bolt manifold fit on the 320i PFL engine? Has anyone tried this?

There are two types of manifold. The two bolt and the three bolt. Most 320i had one, most 325i had the other. Can't remember which was which, but my 325i exhaust on my 320i wouldn't have bolted up to my race car without changing the manifold.

3 or 4 bolt

Has anyone tried if it fits? Does it go in straight with no issues?

Basically from the exhaust manifold to the back. Im looking at buying a manifold now as i made the mistake of thinking i can fit the 325 exhaust to my manifold.

So the other question is, should i just find a cheap header or not worth the money and just get a 325 manifold?

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

emailed,

Just got some pricing on the 4 bolt manifolds but can anyone say if it fits my PFL 320i? or does the 325i have different sized manifolds?

Should I buy some ebay headers instead of looking at 325i manifolds? or would it be a waste of money?

You need RHD specific ones which clear the steering arm, Ebay tends to have more LHD stuff.

Should i just grab a 325 manifold then? or do the ports not match my 320?

Bump. Anyone know if the 325 manifold fits the 320 engine?

I just put a fl m20b25 in my pfl 325i and found out the flange on the manifolds is a slightly different length between them.

The fl manifold flange was about 10mm longer length ways but the width was the same im pretty sure. This small size difference means you cant really tell just by looking at them, they need to be measured.

I have this fl manifold i can sell you if you wanna measure the spacing between the holes of your exhaust flange and let me know.

I just put a fl m20b25 in my pfl 325i and found out the flange on the manifolds is a slightly different length between them.

The fl manifold flange was about 10mm longer length ways but the width was the same im pretty sure. This small size difference means you cant really tell just by looking at them, they need to be measured.

I have this fl manifold i can sell you if you wanna measure the spacing between the holes of your exhaust flange and let me know.

Do you know if the PFL and FL exhaust had the same sized piping? You reckon i can get them to just use the current flange on my old exhaust to hook up to my current manifold?

Do you know if the PFL and FL exhaust had the same sized piping? You reckon i can get them to just use the current flange on my old exhaust to hook up to my current manifold?

Unsure, but i assume they would.. then again, i assumed the flanges would be the same between FL and PFL but when i went to bolt my exhaust up, it just wouldn't go and it took me awhile to figure it out that they were ever so slightly different.

Yes if the flange turns out to be the different size then you could get it swapped off your old one easy enough.

Edited by slideways