Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

Vehicle recompliance.

So further to my thread about e30 conversions i am still considering recomplying the 328i for the road.

just incase anyone is in the know how hard is it to recomply, was written off by insurance company though was only superficial damage to bumper and headlight.

I have been told recomplying from damage is much easier than from a car going dormant.

will they still make me do things like rubber brake lines, rotors, pads, seatbelts?

Also what would people put as a price for a 1999 e46 328i. manual leather interior 4 door, 155kms. nz new. full service history.?

and does being recomplied generally show up on rego documents and will it affect saleability?

post-3743-0-28910800-1386303626.jpg

post-3743-0-05976500-1386303635.jpg

Its easy as my bro.

Its just an expensive wof.

My old e30 was fuuuucked and it passed after going Dereg.

Just take it in and see what it fails on.

Chur

only other thought, its legal to drive without a wof if you are going directly to the testing station or repairer.

am i right i guessing thats the same to unregistered cars?

Also are you aware if you need a repair cert for the damage? My m325i has around same damage and wondering if u need repair cert?

their online infor said the certifier will decide if a repair cert is necesary, considering there is no damage to the frame im hoping not but will find out i guess

Also are you aware if you need a repair cert for the damage? My m325i has around same damage and wondering if u need repair cert?

Yeah you will need a repair cert for anything structural. If its late model ( not sure what year) it will have to be repaired " to manufacturers specifications" can be a nightmare with newer cars!!

Good luck.

Recompliance shows up clearly on all carjam/virus reports and yes it does affect saleability as people will know it's had a crash and, regardless how minor the damage, 95% of potential buyers will walk away then and there.

It's only a 7k car anyway, probably more like $6k as it will be harder to sell. Is it worth it?

yes you will need a repair cert for the repairs.

wheel alignment report etc

if its had any structual damage will need to go on a chasis machine and get checked and then get a chasis report etc.

dormet reg is easier

i was told (not sure if reliable.) that with dormant reg they go through and mark the seatbelts etc and make sure that safety equipment works but not with damaged cars.

and thats why damaged cars are around $400 and dormant are closer to $750 to recomply

seems very backwards if thats true.

You will need a repair cert, you even need one if your cars stolen and recovered....

i was told (not sure if reliable.) that with dormant reg they go through and mark the seatbelts etc and make sure that safety equipment works but not with damaged cars.

and thats why damaged cars are around $400 and dormant are closer to $750 to recomply

seems very backwards if thats true.

no

have put cars through with dormat reg , just the $300 wof check plus the $300 odd for new number plates and 6mths reg etc , had to do some brakes and bushes as well ,but thats just std wof check stuff