Sign in to follow this  
Arma

WTB: e39 6 CD Changer

Anyone got a cheap, working 6 CD changer for the e39? (2001 530i msport)

Looking for a cheap one because I'll be changing the stock sound system not too far into the future, so don't really want to invest in a brand new / expensive OEM part - just a used one that will work for the meantime because I'm a crazy audiophile and can't drive without music even for a week (Radio quality just doesn't cut it for me).

:)

How much have you got to spend?

I have two half broken ones lying around and a guy who can fix it for around $90 i think (maybe less).

Would be more than happy to give you my broken ones for nothing and arrange a repair if you want to just pay for that?

How much have you got to spend?

I have two half broken ones lying around and a guy who can fix it for around $90 i think (maybe less).

Would be more than happy to give you my broken ones for nothing and arrange a repair if you want to just pay for that?

I've currently already got a half broken one (just broke yesterday I think - the motor that grabs the CD's from the deck for scanning is broken, so the slider just moves to the position for each CD, but the part that grab the CD's just stays stationary). Wonder if it's repairable

I've currently already got a half broken one (just broke yesterday I think - the motor that grabs the CD's from the deck for scanning is broken, so the slider just moves to the position for each CD, but the part that grab the CD's just stays stationary). Wonder if it's repairable

It could be. The guy i use operates as Max Electronic Services, 34 Amaru Road, One Tree Hill. 096342336

Give him a call and just say one of his past clients said he could look at repairing it, and say you can pay cash ;)

Your welcome to have either of mine if the parts could be worth salvaging to fix yours.

Have something here for you when you come up.

Nice thing about the Alpine stacker used in the e39 is they have a digital coax output. Put a decent DAC on the other end and you'll get audiophile output into the rest of the system your going to build with the convenience of your factory controls.

BTW , you did try the adjusting the worm gear cogs via the screw plate next to the motor ?

Check out some of the Dacs on hifimediy (Sabre chipsets ) or the MiniDSP range of dacs. (Oem supplier to a few car audio companies)

• Like 1