Sign in to follow this  
actletpone

How much would an s50 engine cost?

What is the rough going rate of an s50 (e36 m3) engine?

pm me if you are interested in a s50b32, got one in storage.

pm me if you are interested in a s50b32, got one in storage.

Did you grab that damaged m3 evo that was on Trademe that other week?

I sold my one a few years ago for just over 11k, 80km with full running gear, loom etc

I sold my one a few years ago for just over 11k, 80km with full running gear, loom etc

sh*t you did well. You can import a complete car from the UK for about 8k. Might have twice the kms but still.

Sounds quite allot although I guess they are rare. I honestly have no idea what s50/s52's are worth. It's not a project that is starting anytime soon, basically weighing up options to get a reliable 240 - 280 hp out of an e30.

• Like 1

Now worth anywhere from $4k to $6k. The most recent one I sold was a 120k with all extras for $4750 about 6 months ago.

s52 worth not much more than a boat anchor ... actually .. no .. its not even worth that ... s50 that's another story ...

s52 worth not much more than a boat anchor ... actually .. no .. its not even worth that ... s50 that's another story ...

S52 is USA only boat anchor, euro 3.2 is S50B32...

There is a S50B32 taking up space in my garage, out of a UK car. Complete less ECU. I would take $4000 for it.

sh*t you did well. You can import a complete car from the UK for about 8k. Might have twice the kms but still.

sorry for thread jacking but there is a decent S50B32 M3 on trademe for 15K. Not bad but I dont want to spend that much. Where are you guys getting M3's for 8K? does that include all the shipping and import duty charges? whats the condtion of the cars, interior/exterior? fill me in. i wont mind increasing my budget a bit more. :D few years ago when I was in the market for a S50B32 swap everyone wanted around 12K for the motors

Now that the early ones are 20yrs old you could probably look at starting to import them for road use if they're not rusted out...